Lewis Hamilton knighted in the New Year Honours List.

Hereford Voice

The Formula One World Champion had been honoured with a knighthood and many awards have gone to people who have been recognised for their part in helping the nation cope with the coronavirus crisis this year.

Public figures including DJ Craig David and actress Sheila Hancock have also been honoured.

Lewis-Hamilton.thumb.jpg.0835ada872943de7ffd74ec9ab4029eb.jpg

📸 Motor Sport Magazine

Local people recognised include Hugh Maclean VERNON for services to the community in Eardisland, Herefordshire.

Catherine Jean LINDESAY for services to the community in Clifford, Herefordshire.

David Fraser OWEN for services to Scouting.

George Arthur Somers HERVEY-BATHURST, Founder, Ben Bathurst Memorial Trust for voluntary service to Armed Forces Personnel and to their Families.

Ian Fryer PEAKE, Principal and Chief Executive, Herefordshire, Ludlow and North Shropshire College for services to Education.

Professor Dawn June BROOKER, Professor, Association for Dementia Studies, University of Worcester for services to People Affected by Dementia.

Freda May DAVIES for services to the community in Worcester.

Patricia Ann McCULLOCH for services to the community in Gloucester.

Tracey Helena WREN, Police Staff, Gloucestershire Constabulary for services to the community in Gloucestershire.

Felicity Ann WAGGETT for services to Young People and to the community in Gloucestershire.

The full London Gazette list is available to download below;

NEW YEAR HONOURS LIST.pdf

2 hours ago, megilleland said:

Note that Lewis Hamilton has been knighted for driving around in circles, that I am sure he does it very well. I am surprised that all our MPs have not been similarly knighted as they have been taking us mere mortals for a ride in circles for years.

Note that Sir Chris Hoy who was the son of very wealthy parents and educated at a private School did the same but because he's white he never got any flack.

48 minutes ago, Harry Beynon said:

The Honours System is a joke - Sir Jimmy Savile, Sir Philip Green? Now a knighthood for someone who refuses to live in the UK for fear of paying his full share of taxation. 

Pretty sure anyone with the money he has accumulated would live somewhere other than th UK,You never heard anyone have a go at Sir Jakie Stewart who lived most of his life in Switzerland 
Jim n Phil were given their gongs before they became infamous & Savile lost his the day he died.

On 01/01/2021 at 14:56, ragwert said:

Pretty sure anyone with the money he has accumulated would live somewhere other than th UK,You never heard anyone have a go at Sir Jakie Stewart who lived most of his life in Switzerland 
Jim n Phil were given their gongs before they became infamous & Savile lost his the day he died.

Three wrongs don’t make a right!

1 hour ago, Victor Wright said:

I personally think this honours system is flawed and Lewis Hamilton receiving a knighthood come on! Maybe an OBE but knighthood?

So Sir Tom gets a Knighthood for raising £32million for the NHS Then Lewis Hamilton gets a knighthood for hiding £32million from the NHS

https://www.quora.com/Does-Lewis-Hamilton-donate-any-time-or-money-to-charity

59 minutes ago, ragwert said:

I should think so considering her earns £40million a year plus all endorsements! I agree that he should have been recognised for his achievement in motorsport but I do not agree that he should have been knighted. 

10 hours ago, Victor Wright said:

I should think so considering her earns £40million a year plus all endorsements! I agree that he should have been recognised for his achievement in motorsport but I do not agree that he should have been knighted. 

What about Chris Hoy or Mo Farrah ?