Abuse to Staff at Home Bargains

We have received an upsetting message from Home Bargains shop worker Laura Tibbs explaining how people are abusing her and her colleagues following the implementation of social distancing procedures as outlined by the government.

1752628378_LauraTibbs.thumb.jpg.56e9c45fac53fa6e231aeecb7217d479.jpg

Hi guys everyone who works in retail at this time is very glad that they can help you through this hard time especially us at home bargains but today has been the worst day i have had in the nearly 5 years i have been there which has reduced me tears and nearly made me walk out of my job. I understand all the measures being put into place in shops at the moment are frustrating... certain items limited only one member from each household allowed to enter the shops BUT please remember these are government rules which are currently being reinforced by the police who were up home bargains this morning. Today i have been called names shouted out and sworn at alot of the morning because people couldnt come in with family members. I do not have a choice to be in that building i have to come to work to make sure that we can provide you guys with everything you need in these hard times it isnt fair on me or any other staff to be verbally abused by anyone because of rules that we did not make. Please as annoying as the rules are remember that it isnt our fault because after today i dont want to go back to my job i love my job but i can not take another day like that and coming home and sobbing my heart out its just not fair. I hope you all stay safe

Come on guys' we desperately need these key workers!

Please be patient and say 'Thank You' to these lovely people when you are out shopping. 

Thank you Laura and to your colleagues, as difficult as this is for you all the majority of the country are behind 100%.❤️
#HerefordVoice #BeKind

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Frustrated 1

Hang in there Laura ! 

Youre doing a fantastic job under extreme circumstances but don’t give up as I’m sure things will get better...

Things will change I hope. the laws at the moment doesnt suit everyone but they shouldn’t be taking it out on you ! 

Mill come down tomorrow to tell a few people I think  

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Hereford Voice said:

We have received an upsetting message from Home Bargains shop worker Laura Tibbs explaining how people are abusing her and her colleagues following the implementation of social distancing procedures as outlined by the government.

1752628378_LauraTibbs.thumb.jpg.56e9c45fac53fa6e231aeecb7217d479.jpg

Come on guys' we desperately need these key workers!

Please be patient and say 'Thank You' to these lovely people when you are out shopping. 

Thank you Laura and to your colleagues, as difficult as this is for you all the majority of the country are behind 100%.❤️
#HerefordVoice #BeKind

Ignore the idiots Laura, you are valued and we need your guys right now more than ever, thank you for working and keeping the wheels of the country moving, we will beat this! 

• Thumbs Up 1