Council award contract for the Weather Forecasting Service

megilleland

Council award contract for the Weather Forecasting Service

A roads focused weather forecasting service is essential in enabling the council’s response to winter. Not having a forecast provider is not an option if the council is to meet its duty to maintain the highway.

Decision made:
To award the weather forecasting service for a period of four years at a cost of £17,602 per annum, to support the winter service as described in the council’s winter service plan.

Under section 149 of the Equality Act 2010, the ‘general duty’ on public authorities is set out as follows:

A public authority must, in the exercise of its functions, have due regard to the need to
(a) eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under this Act;
(b) advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it;
(c) foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.

The weather forecasting service enables the council to fulfil the winter service plan in keeping the network safe for all to use including access to key services such as health, education and for services to access vulnerable people in periods of severe weather.

Signed     Head of Highways and Community Services  Date:   28 August 2018

Plenty of forward weather information on internet. Surely someone appointed in BB can make a decision based on TV or internet forecast and instigate action as necessary.

It never rains but it pours with Herefordshire Council.........With money.
I'm sure that the met weather online give you very accurate 7 day forecast for absolutley nothing &
In fact there is a weather app that gives you a live 15 min updates with maps for free too.

The Council have decided, probably highly likely, but just as unlikely and probably wrongly, to fully exploit and to utilise their abilities to predict and monitor the local weather, thus throwing thousands of pounds more of our public money down the bloody plug hole, to take full advantage, and who can bloody blame them, I bloody don't, of the Skylon satellite that was launched last Pan Cake Day from Dinedor bloody Hill when Johnson, Jackson and any one else's bloody son, directed the programmer of the aforementioned bloody satellite that now orbits the good old Earth giving us here in Hereford a better and quicker chance of gritting our potholed roads far quicker than our economic competitors, that include, Albania, the Wirral bloody peninsular and a bunch of places with Z'eds in their name that I can barely pronounce, to let us in quick shi.te time know before anyone else just how bad it's going to p.i.ss down, freeze or snow on us and render us unable to bloody log in, create a Google search asking, 'what's the weather like tomorrow comrade'.

It wouldn't be so bloody desperately bad if it were not true. To think that it's come to this. Bloody Hell! Mark my words, not that anyone will, this decision is a short hop away from a Plough Lane Council Weather Team equipped and burdened with a Manager, a Supervisor, a Team Leader and six tw.a.t.s who's salaries I'd drown my cat for.mi bloody despair.

That it's come to this! My God!

• Haha 1