Plans for new multi story look to have been abandoned

ragwert

33 minutes ago, ragwert said:

carpark.thumb.jpg.dc9d8fcba416527fd267c5186eafc8c1.jpg

Plans for a new multi story car park on the Country bus station site in Commercial Road look to have been scrapped.

https://councillors.herefordshire.gov.uk/mgIssueHistoryHome.aspx?IId=50026347&Opt=0

I expect FC will be happy as looking at that image they'd have to knock down the old cinema to accommodate it?…which they presently occupy…which the council do not own?!

1 hour ago, Cambo said:

I expect FC will be happy as looking at that image they'd have to knock down the old cinema to accommodate it?…which they presently occupy…which the council do not own?!

Looking at the quote on the website it looks like they own some part of the Country bus station.(Notice they called it County bus station).

To agree the options that will be evaluated through detailed development appraisals on Council-owned land at Station Approach and the County Bus Station and Car Park, Hereford

27 minutes ago, Colin James said:

Shame, because it looked like a good idea

I agree especially as there was to be a possibility of the NHS staff having concessionary parking.
I find it odd that there are many people moaning about this being built,probably the same people who moan about the traffic chaos
especially around weekends and christmas time in and around Edgar Street/Widemarsh Street.

2 hours ago, Ubique said:

Will be interesting to know why it's been " abandoned "  plus the financial cost to arrive at this position .

The other location for a multi story was on the railway station car park which would be a better location if the Uni is to be built

across the road from the new super surgery.

1 hour ago, ragwert said:

The other location for a multi story was on the railway station car park which would be a better location if the Uni is to be built

across the road from the new super surgery.

Ragwert I feel you are not telling us something? So is the location of the railway station car park still a viable option for a multi-storey car park?…& have the council now earmarked the bus station car park for a new uni building?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cambo said:

Ragwert I feel you are not telling us something? So is the location of the railway station car park still a viable option for a multi-storey car park?…& have the council now earmarked the bus station car park for a new uni building?

It is one of the two locations being looked at Cambo so yes.
My guess is as good as yours as to where the Uni will be built but I still think it will be on the Link Road as shown on the feasibility plan below.

site.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ragwert said:

It is one of the two locations being looked at Cambo so yes.
My guess is as good as yours as to where the Uni will be built but I still think it will be on the Link Road as shown on the feasibility plan below.

site.jpg

So the uni on the old Essex arms pitch Pegasus old ground…ironic student accommodation behind FC's place I expect they will be rubbing there hands at the thought of that being a prime recruitment ground?! 

What has happened to the University accommodation going inside the City walls as originally proposed? I thought they were looking at the buildings around West Street and East Street in particular. The sites shown above were supposed to be new homes with 35% affordable housing. These sites are ideal for our aging population who need to live closer to the services they regularly need such as GPs and hospitals, as well as shops. Surely it is better for the students to live on sites a bit further out of the centre as they should be fit and able enough to walk/cycle to where their lectures/training with local employers takes them. Aren't they all supposed to be studying engineering on a practical basis at local employers, such as those based at Rotherwas? As said on another post Hereford needs a proper Masterplan so the City is planned coherently for all of us and the services, transport, etc all put in place to support such a plan. No other business would go ahead piecemeal selling off bits and pieces here and there, with no thought for the long term future - but then this is Herefordshire Council.

28 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

What has happened to the University accommodation going inside the City walls as originally proposed? I thought they were looking at the buildings around West Street and East Street in particular. The sites shown above were supposed to be new homes with 35% affordable housing. These sites are ideal for our aging population who need to live closer to the services they regularly need such as GPs and hospitals, as well as shops. Surely it is better for the students to live on sites a bit further out of the centre as they should be fit and able enough to walk/cycle to where their lectures/training with local employers takes them. Aren't they all supposed to be studying engineering on a practical basis at local employers, such as those based at Rotherwas? As said on another post Hereford needs a proper Masterplan so the City is planned coherently for all of us and the services, transport, etc all put in place to support such a plan. No other business would go ahead piecemeal selling off bits and pieces here and there, with no thought for the long term future - but then this is Herefordshire Council.

I wonder if this is still on as a potential location for new Uni 
https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/14622015.Council_car_park_which_generates___275k_per_year_considered_for_university_site/

Why can't they build the university building here?…the site has been empty for what seems for ever & a day!…then the super surgery could of been built on the old Essex arms site,at lest there its ugly design would not diminish the appearance of the railway station building?

IMG_4313.PNG

On 04/06/2018 at 17:23, Cambo said:

Why can't they build the university building here?…the site has been empty for what seems for ever & a day!…then the super surgery could of been built on the old Essex arms site,at lest there its ugly design would not diminish the appearance of the railway station building?

IMG_4313.PNG

The final decision has been made today so we will know in the next week or so exactly where all buildings/multi storey will be built.

14 minutes ago, ragwert said:

The final decision has been made today so we will know in the next week or so exactly where all buildings/multi storey will be built.

i take it there has been a council meeting today regarding this then?…was it held in secret or was it open to the public?

1 hour ago, Cambo said:

i take it there has been a council meeting today regarding this then?…was it held in secret or was it open to the public?

Probably secret Cambo.I have been trying myself to get info from Nmite with no luck.
You will soon see signs like this one in various locations on the Link Road and Commercial Road which leads me to believe the bus station will have something built on it. They will include info on them as to what is being built.

reg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...