Queen's Birthday Celebrations

Tracy Bowes

Come along to help celebrate the Queen's Birthday at Belmont Community Centre on Saturday 11 June 2016 from 12 pm to 2 pm.

We will be hold an "afternoon tea" with sandwiches, party food and cakes!!

The cost is £5 per person and bookings needs to be made in advance.  Please call the Centre on 01432 263415 or call in and see us to reserve a ticket.

See you there.

post-109-0-46494900-1465842565_thumb.jpg

Photograph taken on the day

Can I ask why it is costing £5 that seems a lot.Considering the centre has just been given a lump sum of money.

Depends on what is included for that fiver, A fiver is not that much these days, to be honest. 

Not that I would go to anything to celebrate the queen or any of the royal family birthday.

Adrian, I would love to meet you for a pint or two. Just to hear all your gripes against humanity, royalty, restaurants and traffic calming. It would be like the anti-thesis of being at home. You Sir, could market your negativity to politicians. With good humour, Slim.

I am pretty sure I have not said anything about traffic calming as it makes little difference to me as I don't drive. i do think both link roads are a waste of money, but then so do many other people.

I have nothing against restaurants apart from the fact is that seems to be all we have here, I am not a restaurant  person myself, I will pop into spoons now and again and that is about it. I prefer to go and have a pint than sit in a restaurant.

Humanity, well most just annoys me because they do not care about anyone else, only have to look by the Co-op by me, put double yellow lines down and yet people still park there as if they are someone special and double yellows have no meaning for them, then you get the ones that park on the pavement and people have to go onto the road with pushchairs and wheelchairs. those are just the one who drives.

Royalty, loads of people who would prefer this country to be a republic, what is wrong with that?

Not negative, just speaking my mind which some people do not like, because it does not fit in with their opinions.

It don't mean I am right, it just my opinion, but I probably am right :)

Have to be real ale, i do not like that artificial stuff with gas in :)

Anyway, I got to go to bed, some of us have work in the morning, to earn money to pay the council to spend it on rubbish

Ipusseycat, you are correct that the Community Association was recently given £500 after winning a community award.  This money will be used to improve the rear garden of the Centre, paving the area, purchasing seating etc so that users can sit outside in the sun and chat, read books an generally enjoy the facility.

As I am sure you can appreciate although we are a charity we also have overheads, heating, lighting, water and have a duty to keep the Centre in good repair.  We have recently purchased new flooring in the toilets and foyer area and have undertaken to repaint a number of rooms.

We did hold an afternoon tea earlier in the year where £5 per head was charged and the people attending the event commented on how wonderful it was, how much the enjoyed it and how they would love to attend another event.  Our Chairman makes all of the food from fresh including cakes, scones, gateaux, sandwiches, party food and of course unlimited drinks.

When you consider that most places charge a minimum of £2.50 for a coffee I personally think this is real value for money, especially for fresh and homemade food.  If you would like to come along to the event we are always looking for volunteers, and you will be able to see for yourself how much people enjoy it and how much is included in the price.

• 4 weeks later...

Ipusseycat, you are correct that the Community Association was recently given £500 after winning a community award.  This money will be used to improve the rear garden of the Centre, paving the area, purchasing seating etc so that users can sit outside in the sun and chat, read books an generally enjoy the facility.

As I am sure you can appreciate although we are a charity we also have overheads, heating, lighting, water and have a duty to keep the Centre in good repair.  We have recently purchased new flooring in the toilets and foyer area and have undertaken to repaint a number of rooms.

We did hold an afternoon tea earlier in the year where £5 per head was charged and the people attending the event commented on how wonderful it was, how much the enjoyed it and how they would love to attend another event.  Our Chairman makes all of the food from fresh including cakes, scones, gateaux, sandwiches, party food and of course unlimited drinks.

When you consider that most places charge a minimum of £2.50 for a coffee I personally think this is real value for money, especially for fresh and homemade food.  If you would like to come along to the event we are always looking for volunteers, and you will be able to see for yourself how much people enjoy it and how much is included in the price.

Well said, I couldn't make it we were out of town in London for the Queens celebration weekend which was fabulous. I am sure it was a good day at the centre, well done everyone  :Happy_32:

Good Morning

The event was a great success thank you, we had over twenty people in attendance and The Mayor of Hereford Councillor Jim Kenyon also attended and spent time chatting to residents and also cutting the birthday cake !!

BBC Hereford and Worcester also came during the celebrations and interviewed several people, you can hear our Chairman Lyndsey Evans on the Radio, if you go to the Queen's Birthday show approx 1 hour 29 mins into the programme.  I am sure I spoke to everyone there and the feedback was fantastic, they were asking what are our plans for another event.  So we are putting our thinking caps on.  As usual all the food was homemade by Lyndsey and some of our volunteers, trooping of the colour was on our large screen TV and lots of chatting and bunting!  A great team effort and fun had by all.

Here are some photographs taken on the day;

post-109-0-80858100-1465842342_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-35612000-1465842345_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-04696600-1465842351_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-26508200-1465842353_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-33923300-1465842355_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-36884700-1465842357_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-45559100-1465842359_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-86321100-1465842361_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-06866500-1465842365_thumb.jpg

post-109-0-46877800-1465842367_thumb.jpg