SERVICE TO CIVVY STREET BOOKLET

Ubique

Service to Civvy Street' booklet to help ex-Service personnel

Herefordshire Civilian Military Task Group is encouraging ex-Service personnel and their families to benefit from a new information booklet available throughout the county

‘Service to Civvy Street' is a booklet to help veterans of all ages and their families navigate healthcare, employment, housing, education and other support available in Herefordshire and was launched this week by Lady Darnley, the Lord Lieutenant of Herefordshire, at the Military Charities Helpdesk at Franklin House in Hereford.

If you have served in the Armed Forces or are the partner, spouse or family member of someone who has served in the Armed Forces then this booklet is for you.

Councillor Peter McCaull, the vice chairman of Herefordshire Council said ‘we hope this booklet will make it easier for ex-service personnel and their families to find the services and support they need in order to help them settle into civilian life in the county’

The booklet was funded by the Ministry of Defence’s Community Covenant Grant Scheme and developed by Herefordshire Civilian Military Task Group in partnership with Worcestershire Council

Copies are available at various venues across the County but regular supplies will be held at the Military Charities Helpdesk. The helpdesk is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am to 2pm at the Franklin House Customer Service Centre on Blue School Street, Hereford.

The booklet is also available online at www.herefordshire.gov.uk/civvystreet

Yes great to hear from you chap. Please let Mrs U know that we have a hedgehog asleep in a cardboard box outside our back door. He finally turned in about a week ago up to which time he would enjoy the pile high tray of live mealworms and hedgehog biscuits. He can come and go when he pleases and just in case he re emerges I'm leaving out mealworms and water.

Thanks Dippy and Greenknight , Mrs Ubique has messaged you Greenknight re the hedgehog.

" Hard copies of the booklet will be available in council buildings across the county, Wye Valley NHS trust hospital and community hospitals, 2Gether NHS trust buildings, GP surgeries, community buildings, military charities help desk, Suvla Barracks, West Mercia Police, Herefordshire Voluntary Organisation Support Services, Hereford Veterans Support Group, the HIVE etc. We also hope to get it into housing association offices. "

Although I was lucky when I left the RAF and the transition went smoothly, there is a raft of useful information here. Good too that it is available from a number of community outlets.

Good to hear Jango1969 - if you or any other Poster is aware of any Community outlets haven't a supply of these booklets please either message me or add a comment to this topic with full details and the booklets will be delivered. Thank you .

Thanks Jango ( we have something in common - my D in L has served over 20 years in the RAF ). I have emailed the co-ordinator of the distribution of the booklet to see if your point has been covered . I should have a reply by 0800 on Monday .

Ubique the only suggestion I, have is that hot meal providers and if food banks exist get them.

Good Plan...probably already done but what about the main reception area at the County Hospital and surrounding community hospital sites. Herefordshire Healthwatch might be a good plug because they in turn could ascertain the right locations within the hospital whether that be mobility or occupational therapy or outpatients.

I will pick some up from the help desk.

Good Plan...probably already done but what about the main reception area at the County Hospital and surrounding community hospital sites. Herefordshire Healthwatch might be a good plug because they in turn could ascertain the right locations within the hospital whether that be mobility or occupational therapy or outpatients.

I will pick some up from the help desk.

Hi Greenknight , guess that you missed my reply No 5 . I am popping in to the Help Desk at about 10000 on Tuesday to see the SSAFA volunteer , it would be good to see you if you are free ? Suggest that your armour would be best left at home !

Jango - re my answer to your question re food banks etc , it will be Tuesday before I have the answer .

• 2 weeks later...

Seen the book prominently displayed at my GP this week.  Browsed whilst waiting for appointment.  Noticed that at time of writing showed DASH services.  For next version this will need to be changed to ADD ACTION.   Observation not a criticism. Also seen at other locations too.  So good news its out there.

Fellow Posters , it's very apparent that there are a number of you involved in caring , in different ways , your neighbours and your local community and that is so right and good.

Going on from that , if you hear of a Serving member of our Armed Forces or a Veteran you think Is in need of assistance , be it advice on their Service Pension , financial help to purchase house NEEDS ( not wants ) , travel assistance for hospital visit / appointment etc . the list is endless , suggest that they attend the Military Charities Help Desk at Franklin House 10am to 2pm on Tuesday's ( SSAFA) or Thursday's ( TRBL ) or phone the SSAFA local tele.no. 01432 273932 (24/7) or TRBL 0808 802 8080 ( 8-8 ) or suggest that he obtains a copy of the booklet .

The qualification for assistance is receiving 1 days Service pay and includes close family of the qualified person.

If you think that I can assist you please message me . I am at Franklin House this coming Tuesday 1000 to 1400 so if you are passing please call in for a chat .