Labour Leadership Result - Jeremy Corbyn

Glenda Powell

Cameron’s deal is the wrong one: but Britain must stay in Europe

Jeremy Corbyn

2848.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

F

or all the fanfare and last-minute theatrics, the deal that David Cameron has made on Britain’s relationship with the EU is a sideshow. The changes he has negotiated are largely irrelevant to the problems most people in Britain face – and to the decision we now have to make.

Labour will campaign for Britain to stay in Europe in the referendum that the prime minister has called for June, regardless of Cameron’s overblown tinkering. That’s not because we don’t think the EU needs reform – far from it.

It’s because being part of Europe has brought Britain investment, jobs and protection for workers, consumers and the environment. We are convinced that the EU is a vital framework for European trade and international cooperation in the 21st century, and that a vote to remain in Europe is in the best interests of our people.

continued ..........

Guardian

• 2 weeks later...
Ex-Greek Minister Varoufakis To Advise Corbyn

cegrab-20150913-154744-159-1-736x414.jpg

Former Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis has won a new role advising Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

Mr Varoufakis quit the Greek government in July last year after refusing to accept the terms of a third bailout, which imposed further austerity measures on the debt-stricken country.

Mr Corbyn says Mr Varoufakis has recently met shadow chancellor John McDonnell and will advise Labour in "some capacity".

Sky News

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Jarvis sets out his vision for Labour as leadership talk mounts

3654.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Dan Jarvis, the Labour backbencher widely touted as a potential challenger toJeremy Corbyn, will lay out his vision for the future of Britain’s economy on Thursday, in a move that will be regarded as firing the starting gun on a bid for the leadership.

Jarvis, the former paratrooper who is known to have been raising money from former Labour donors, will deliver a speech at the thinktank Demos arguing that New Labour failed to get to grips with the root causes of rising inequality — including the impact of mass immigration on low-paid workers.

Guardian

Corbyn has strong grass roots support .... This might be interesting .... May elections coming up .... Corbyn was like a wet weekend at PMQ's today .... Just my opinion as I was tuned in .... 

Can't remember where Cameroon and the pig is so I will just put this here for now

The peer tweeted a picture of the Conservative leader cuddling a lamb - with a speech bubble saying 'I'll pretend you're a pig in a blanket'
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 25SHARES
Subscribe

Getty ImagesPrime-Minister-David-Cameron-holds-a-Wel
Cameron cradles a Welsh lamb

Cheeky former Tory treasurer Lord Ashcroft poked fun at the Prime Minister's porky embarrassment again on Friday.

The billionaire peer tweeted a picture of David Cameron cradling a lamb on a visit to a farm in north Wales.

But in an apparent reference to allegations the Conservative leader was once intimate with a dead pig's head, the photograph featured a speech bubble saying: “I'll pretend you're a pig in a blanket.â€

Lord Ashcroft tweeted the picture with the comment: “Oh no David...â€

That last contribution is 'off topic' ..... I am no fan of Cameron over the EU stuff by the way and me and him are going to fall out over his scare stories ..... 

What is Corbyn saying about Europe? Lets keep this on topic ..... 

Jeremy Corbyn and the mosque leader who blames the UK for Isil

Labour leader's 15 meetings with his 'friend' who wants to destroy Israel

Corbyn_3593719b.jpg

Jeremy Corbyn has held at least 15 meetings – including four since he became Labour leader – with a leading figure from Finsbury Park mosque who blames Britain for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil), has called for the destruction of Israel and appeared to praise the recent wave of terrorist stabbings in that country.

Mr Corbyn has spoken of his “friendship†with the “legendary†Mohammed Kozbar, chairman of the mosque and vice-president of the Muslim Association of Britain, which is closely linked to the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood.

Mr Kozbar claims that the Finsbury Park mosque, formerly notorious as the base of Abu Hamza, has turned over a new leaf under his leadership. Mr Corbyn, too, has praised it as a “wonderful place†which “guides me and many othersâ€.

But in a demonstration in December 2011 Mr Kozbar called for the destruction of Israel, saying: “This time it will be the end of Israel, inshallah [God willing.]â€

Telegraph

You were quite correct, Denise. Comments alluding to Dave's 'history' with porkus maximus, are on page three of this thread, so I'm not quite sure why your 'telling off' was needed...???

Interestingly, on page 4 post 118 of this thread, Roger shares his thoughts on how a well fitting bra should look. I'm not convinced fashion advice is really sticking to the topic either!

But speaking as someone whose mind wanders off at a tangent....I shall not criticize!

• 2 weeks later...

One or two people on this forum may have noticed that the Tory Party imploded over the weekend with IDS letting off a grenade. 

Cameron had to face the music in The Commons today and he really looked like he might be a bit vulnerable. Up steps Corbyn and he forgets to mention IDS at all. I mean ..... The guy is on a totally different wavelength/planet. Just like when the big news just before a PMQ's was the junior doctor strike and he never mentioned the subject once .... 

David Cameron must have been expecting one of the most uncomfortable afternoons of his premiership. Instead, he sailed through it with almost offensive ease.

Telegraph

Well for once, Roger, I find myself in complete agreement with you. (I know, I know... I'm finding this a little strange too....!)

Jeremy should have seized this opportunity... and he didn't.

The whole country is talking about the why's and wherefores of the IDS resignation.... it was there for the taking. I can't understand why he didn't grasp this with both hands, and slap Dave around the chops with it.

(Metaphorically speaking of course..... although they would definitely be pork chops!)

Jeremy should have seized this opportunity... and he didn't.

Jeremy is obviously intelligent and he's chosen this out of left field, tangential and 'off the wall' approach for several months now. It just isn't working. He got a bit angry today but he never lands any sort of real blow in the chamber. 

Weird.

I'm officially persona non grata, it would seem!

Is it just me, or has my profile "pic" disappeared???

Help me! I'm shriiiiiinking!

Phew! Back in the room! Thank the Lord for the edit facility! Folks will think I've lost my marbles!

• 2 weeks later...

So Jeremy Corbyn cuts short his holiday to visit and actually talk to the people in Port Talbot - can't knock him for that can you

Two petitions for you all to ponder

Petition: Call on David Cameron to act to protect our steel industry & recall Parliament https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/126128 â€¦

View summary
0 retweets

Why can I no longer post direct from Twitter so very irritating?

So Jeremy Corbyn cuts short his holiday to visit and actually talk to the people in Port Talbot - can't knock him for that can you

Two petitions for you all to ponder

Petition: Call on David Cameron to act to protect our steel industry & recall Parliament https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/126128 …

View summary

0 retweets

& the great Tory sell off,of assist continues…I wonder what they will put,the for sale sign on next?!

Don't think the Tories will be in the market to nationalise steel from what javid is saying?

Tata Steel: 'Nationalisation not the answer' says Javid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35929617

Nope ... You can't ....

Sajid Javid MP (Govt. Cabinet guy for Business) seems to have had his hand forced and he's ditching his holiday in Australia to return .... Dunno why he was there when this steel stuff was rumbling around when he left! 

main.jpg

The Environment Agency boss had to resign recently when he tried to manage the recent flooding crisis from a beach in Barbados so there is a recent precedent of what happens if you are perceived to be in the wrong place if it's going on under your watch ...