King George V Playground.

Slim

Oh Mr Chappel your nonchalance is a little disoriented.

As you completely missed the point, I'll try to simplify for you; Graffiti although unsightly and vandalism yes, does not stop children from playing safely. Mindless destruction does! Here's a link for you. http://www.hags-smp.co.uk/

No thanks needed.

That felled tree has been lying beside the Victoria Bridge for at least 3 weeks now with barriers around it.....

Oh Mr Chappel your nonchalance is a little disoriented.

As you completely missed the point, I'll try to simplify for you; Graffiti although unsightly and vandalism yes, does not stop children from playing safely. Mindless destruction does! Here's a link for you. http://www.hags-smp.co.uk/

No thanks needed.

That felled tree has been lying beside the Victoria Bridge for at least 3 weeks now with barriers around it.....

You mean this one mate? I took this early this morning

Bishops Meadow Tree.jpg

Yup!

Why the barriers? It's not going to fall on anyone is it? If they really are concerned about someone endangering themselves on it, why not remove it in the first instance; therefore saving money on barriers and inevitably grass seed to rejuvenate the decomposing area where the tree lay for months!

Not really hard to fathom is it?

Yup!

Why the barriers? It's not going to fall on anyone is it? If they really are concerned about someone endangering themselves on it, why not remove it in the first instance; therefore saving money on barriers and inevitably grass seed to rejuvenate the decomposing area where the tree lay for months!

Not really hard to fathom is it?

I'm amazed that all those new looking barriers ain't been thrown in the river

Sorry Mr Chappell, I've obviously touched a raw nerve. 😀

I'm not quite sure what a respectable vandal is. Are you stating that vandals wait around or hide up until the Police leave before targeting play equipment?

I find it quite worrying that people would be so strategic in targeting high value play areas in this way.

I'm with Slim in that Council tax has risen and let's be honest will rise again in 2017.

The Council wastes a lot of money on silly projects or pie in the sky ideas. I believe that if there is money to procure and instal signage at Plough Lane offices directing smokers to the smoking area, because staff can't be tidy, then there is money for more worthwhile causes. I have no beef with the Council I just think that the ship needs sorting in better order.

Going back to touching a raw nerve. You are a Councillor and as such will receive much debate and criticism on many issues. One would expect better responses than the childish comments offered, perhaps instead offering a viable explanation for poor condition of the equipment and the lack of attention given to it. Then as Councillor responsible and one who is elected to sort out problems, offering to try and sort it out if you can. I appreciate your job may be difficult at times and you may not always have a solution but you could try, rather than be annoyed because the problem has been highlighted.

I have just walked by the play areas. They seem as busy as usual and nobody seems particularly disadvantaged by some of the facilities being out of use. Of course there is no real excuse for the lack of proper maintenance especially when children should be encouraged to take more exercise.

However I noted some time in late 2016 that the Council had to place 5 children in care for a week and the cost, if memory serves, was £25,000.  Setting aside what on the face of it is a grossly excessive cost to us all, it is to children and social care where the vast majority of the Council Tax goes.

I agree that that we can all have a view about whether certain projects of the Council are wasteful or necessary. However If there have to be choices where should the money be spent? On repairing some play equipment or on social care? In the current financial climate and unless Saint Theresa changes course we cannot have both

£250 for a spring??? Doesn't really make sense as they are just a coil spring. I could buy one from a local motor factors for about £50 that would do the job just fine.

Yes but it's not been tested to bs:en1234 standards has it!! That makes all the difference, so it's safe for kids to use. Of course every single spring has been tested and not just a random selection from the production line.......

you're better off getting a truck spring - bit more give! Don't forget to add the £300 labour fitting charge too then the maintenance schedule...of course we are all stupid - that's what makes the world go round!

If we all had common sense the world would be a more sensible place.

ITS STILL BROKE BTW