Gary Barlow Visits St Michael's Hospice

Colin James

How wonderful of Gary Barlow to keep his promise:

Gary Barlow.jpg

Photo courtesy of St Michaels Hospice

Hereford Times Article:

Take That frontman Gary Barlow gave many at St Michael's Hospice the greatest day of their lives yesterday during a surprise visit.

The 44-year-old took time out from his band's current UK tour to answer a call from two hospice supporters who have led a social media campaign over many months to bring the musician to the city.

A five-minute film set to Take That hit Relight My Fire had also been produced featuring 500 Herefordshire residents pleading with the singer to visit.

And while at St Michael's he made one patient's dream come true by promising her a ticket to one of his shows.

"I get sent thousands of films but Hereford's was by far the best, so I had to come," said Gary, who toured the hospice's new £8 million 20-bed inpatient centre.

"It has been a privilege to meet so many caring people, who are all doing such a fantastic job.

"The new building is inspirational and a testament to all the people who have raised the money to make it possible."

Great.  But let's not take our eye off the ball.  He's a tory apologist and tax dodger with an image to cultivate.

Listen!! Stop Stop Stop trying to influence people into your anti Tory views! You just had to spoil a lovely gesture by Gary Barlow with your negative comment above!  :Thumbs-Down:  :Thumbs-Down:  :Thumbs-Down:

I don't dish out many warnings in fairness but that was totally unnecessary. 

Listen!! Stop Stop Stop trying to influence people into your anti Tory views! You just had to spoil a lovely gesture by Gary Barlow with your negative comment above!  :Thumbs-Down:  :Thumbs-Down:  :Thumbs-Down:

I don't dish out many warnings in fairness but that was totally unnecessary. 

About time!

Mr Barlow isn't actually a tax dodger...  

He was advised by his accountant that he could 'legally' pay less tax than he was doing...  Morally suspect, possibly, but not illegal.

Who here, would honestly respond to that by saying: "Nah, it's okay, I like paying more than is necessary."

Good for you Mr B...