Council Leader's pledge: "No More Jobs for the Boys!"

SON OF GRIDKNOCKER

With less than four weeks to Polling Day, Council Leader Tony Johnson has come out fighting, announcing that he has personally vetoed the recruitement - at a cost to the taxpayer of over £36,000 - of three new Shire Hall bosses, due to head up the Directorates of Adult & Wellbeing and Resources.

On the eve of a knife-edge poll, Cllr Johnson's bold initiative is to appoint legendary Voice poster Bobby47 to all three key positions, at a combined annual salary of circa £300,000.

In an exclusive interview, Bobby47 told The Voice: "I ain't planning to spend much time at Shire Hall - what with the fishing being good down on the Wye, and my dear friend Sally promising me unfold delights in the brambles. But yes, 300K will certainly help with the baccy and booze."

Good Grief Grid Knocker..... for about thirty seconds I thought common sense had finally won the day!

Mind you, appointing Bobby is definitely not the worst thing the council could do........some sort of Transparency Tsar.

If he even got a whiff of council maths, council jargon or council bullying, he'd be on them quicker than a rat up a drainpipe!

Good Grief Grid Knocker..... for about thirty seconds I thought common sense had finally won the day!

Mind you, appointing Bobby is definitely not the worst thing the council could do........some sort of Transparency Tsar.

If he even got a whiff of council maths, council jargon or council bullying, he'd be on them quicker than a rat up a drainpipe!

Shouldn't that read 'quicker than Jarvis up bobby47's drainpipe'?

I genuinely was taken in by this as well. I really was. The fact that I couldn't remember Johnson asking me to carry out this role and my quoted response to the happy appointment, I simply put down to the seven lost hours I was unconscious following a session with the lads down at The Commercial where, when I awoke my pants were round my ankles, a strong smell of Ether was present upon my fat face and my rectum felt unusually tender around the anal hoop.

Course, we've all read about it haven't we. It's so bloody depressing. Many years ago, Twowheels with or without an 'e' picked up on this much repeated Council mantra, 'if we want the best, we've gotta pay the best' and we've all been running with it ever since. Well, it hasn't worked has it. Despite the whole getting the best and paying the best we always end up with getting the worst and, as far as I can see, despite our moans and groans and Bill Tanner's noble reporting skills, buggar all seems to change.

We are nothing more than a teat on the udder of the Council Cash Cow and until something radical happens nothing will ever change.

We've just started paying £175,000 per annum to get 'the best'.

Eric Robinson is his name and he was at a Council in Staffordshire. That's all I know. He's been here a few days, has hit the ground running and is earning his keep already...

o he's blocked me on Twitter

o his Twitter handle is @Staffspeople

o a publicity photo has been issued and the great man's visage is festooned in angry looking spots

Maybe 'the best' is yet to come.

11th April 2015 Daily Mail:

The new chief executive of Rotherham council could be paid up to £40,000 more than the outgoing boss, because of 'negative publicity' from the grooming scandal.

The council will now offer up to £200,000 to candidates, rather than the £160,000 enjoyed by former chief boss Martin Kimber.

He left in December after a council report said 1,400 children had suffered horrific sexual abuse over a 16-year period.

If David Cameron is looking for a new job after the election maybe he could do it. After all he is only on £142,000 a year and £160,000 looks attractive and the council would save the "incentive package".

Personally, I think they should offer half the salary, then pay the rest when they have proved themselves.

I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing folks swan in, on a huge salary, make mistakes.... serious mistakes.... then swan off again to repeat the same thing somewhere else.

It quite simply has to stop. I do not want to google a name, and be horrified at reading what a person has presided over in a different authority.

Reward results. Not failure