Taurus Healthcare.

bobby47

Quick check on Company check tells me that Taurus have  certainly had an upturn on their finances in the last couple of years.  I know nothing about Taurus but will have a read later on.

I will go for the sympathy vote I have just come home from a total knee replacement.  I was at the the Nuffield through the NHS.  I was dreading going to the Nuffield believing that they would not be on my planet.  I was totally wrong brilliant people absolutely superb organisation.  

Anyway enough of that back to Taurus.

Appointment Status:

ACTIVE
Accounts 2015 2014 2013 Cash                                  Â£1,241,358.00            Â£649,389.00               £52,338.00
                                           Net Worth                          Â£1,179,160.00            Â£567,571.00             £289,486.00
                                           Total Current Liabilities         £553,809.00              Â£91,334.00               £53,561.00
                                           Total Current Assets          Â£1,719,289.00            Â£649,389.00             £332,602.00

Figures to the left are 2015 then 2014 and lastly 2013
<<

>>

Oh Jolly Good. What a fabulously balanced perspective.

Lets go back to the beginning of my engagement here. I initially wrote on this blog - because I had a good experience of this organisation and the service offered by people who work within it, and I felt that the rhetoric here was not a fair reflection on them. That view hasn't changed, and actually - I'm more concerned about the everyday staff who are part of this company - knowing that there is a section of society that has this unbalanced view about what they are doing !

Whilst I knew the voicing a divergent and supportive view would prompt a backlash - and the devil in me says thats more than OK - what I am more interested in (now) is what motivates people to be so directly opposed to what the NHS themselves describe as innovation.

Illustrations anyone ?

• Did we reject chemotherapy for cancer, because that was and is still created by the evil that is private industry taking some cash from the NHS - I doubt it.
  • When we last visited the dentist - did we object to local anaesthetic - because that was created by a profiteering corporate entity - that was taking money out of the NHS. I doubt that too.
  • Did anyone say - Oh no - don't give me that new Dynamic Hip Replacement Joint, because that too was developed partly by taking money from the NHS - and oh dear I wouldn't want that - I will have the one I prepared earlier with clay from my mothers garden.

But the GP's of this fair county should be burned at the stake for daring to be different. It's time to get a grip.

My cohesive reflection on this somewhat disjointed and fragmented thread is (and granted there are some quite lucid views)

• there are users, voicing a somewhat personal dislike of Taurus. Some of this seems driven clearly by an abundance of what prima facie seems "Insider Information". That doesn't feel at all balanced to me.
  • there are some that want to articulate concern about the decay in the provision of our NHS services, I don't disagree with that, but that isn't a direct result of a new organisation forming and filling a gap in the market.
  • there are those that have a disproportionately biased view of what the GP should and shouldn't do / how much they should work, and when they do anything extra - this should be done - for free ! Try telling that to your plumber or electrician when you need one out of hours.

I took the time to read the GP contract from 2005 that Green Knight refers too - yes - sad I know, but reading it - one gets a clear understanding that the negotiating out of out of hours visiting and appointments - was done in return for a REDUCTION of the capitation based payment.

And as for those lamenting the innovation that is the computer in General Practice - and would rather see a reliance on the good old fashioned "knowing the patient" method of medical record management. Oh dear - in an increasingly complex clinical environment - where there is an abundance of co-morbidity and correlation - nope - we don't want that sort of innovation - I'd rather run the risk of dying because my GP forgot that they couldn't give me medication "A" with medication"B"

That isn't the "modern standard of healthcare" that I want for my family, and it shouldn't be for yours either !

So who are you really myhatmycoat?…Are you the greame cleland as militaryguru suggest?…

I certainly do not believe having read back through the comments on this thread that you are who you proclaimed to be?…but rather of someone who is deeply involved within Taurus itself?!

NOTICE

Please be aware of your comments!

This week I have received legal correspondence regarding libellous and defamatory comments made by a member.

I am not going to go into detail, but I have stated our position and as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed.

Before making any comments, please make sure that what you are about to post is 100% accurate!

And not just something your overheard in the pub!