Hour Glass Traffic Lights...

Colin James

That hour glass is too clever. Imagine the boy racers waiting to pull away while granny or me work out what they really mean. We would all end up with egg on our face or being scrambled!

They have a countdown system in Spain that works well and if it says green you can go and if red you stop.

That's pretty cool, I really like that and at least you would know what's happening instead of ALL the lights sitting on red at a junction with no one being able to go (cough Broadleys)

The only downside I could see is that it would encourage.... rushing.... if you knew how long there was left on green as people approached

That's pretty cool, I really like that and at least you would know what's happening instead of ALL the lights sitting on red at a junction with no one being able to go (cough Broadleys)

The only downside I could see is that it would encourage.... rushing.... if you knew how long there was left on green as people approached

I think you get that now anyway.

The Caribbean, much of South America and Spain all have a countdown - which kinda makes sense!

Even third world countries are ahead of us here in the uk

I would have to agree with you, we recently saw a countdown timer while on holiday in Corfu and I thought then it was a good idea. The UK is way behind on many things.