The guy from Worcester won it hands down - interesting they employ a Manager for Economic Development, who clearly knows what he is talking about, whereas we don't, and it shows. Cllr Johnson claims the city is not full of charity shops or potpourri shops - don't know the relevance of the latter, but clearly he hasn't been into town to see we're awash with charity shops.

The clue is in the title - the best High Street - obviously Johnson kept on about the OLM, which is nowhere near any High Street ...

Indeed. I don't hate the place, but the clothes shops never have anything even remotely interesting in and I just have had no need to go there again

Was stuck in traffic down New market street two weeks ago & noticed the sign for New market st was missing the N? Still like it now? So have they renamed it ew market street?

Is it not also Newmarket Street not New Market Street?

Is it not also Newmarket Street not New Market Street?

Yes you are correct and the signage is wrong, how on earth can they get a simple sign wrong! Grrrr

I also see that Dorothy Perkins are closing the high town store, 3 or 4 shops in one now