UKIP Meeting

Frank Smith

UKIP want to get us out of Europe and stop our lives being ruined from Brussels. Were already lumped in The Marches Local Enterprise Partnership with Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, that's why we can't get any sensible output from our local council - they no longer make the decisions. Even the Cabinet is told what to do by those higher up or elsewhere. Look at the Bath Street fiasco and how this is developing - it's not a cabinet running the county, but a cabal.

Definition of cabal:

a small group of intriguers, esp one formed for political purposes
a secret plot, esp a political one; conspiracy; intrigue
a secret or exclusive set of people; clique

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will pop along this Wednesday evening and see what they have to say for themselves. I think they are worth supporting over the EU, but it would be useful to know where they stand in the forthcoming local elections. We don't wnat them to split the independent and IOC votes so that the cons get back in - that would be too much.

_74359316_021986347-1.jpg

_74360089_021986343-1.jpg

UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage has said there will be "an earthquake" in politics if he triumphs in next month's European elections.

Launching UKIP's campaign, he argued his policies on immigration and the EU were "straightforward" and "simple".

He called posters claiming millions of European workers are after UK jobs "a hard-hitting reflection of reality".

BBC news article

Apart from leaving the EU and immigration control you could probably fit the rest of his policies on the back of a stamp ...

Hello Roger. Here's 96 pages for you to read. Just a bit too much to put on the back of a stamp.

My post was just ever so slightly tongue in cheek! As you no doubt guessed!

I do think tho that the average person in the street who ends up voting UKIP will have done so on the headline policies of coming out of the EU and reinstating control over our own borders. They wont have read those 96 pages. Rather like the Tory or Labour voters who wont have read their Party Manifesto's.

This Immigration thing is ever so slightly tricky tho. If you restrict EU immigration (which is the current problem) what do you do with the people already here? The genie is already out of the bottle on that one.

Agree Roger. There are several UKIP things that I am concerned about one of which is fracking. If it goes ahead on a grand scale there needs to be strict regulation on its operation and transparency on what chemicals these fracking companies want to chuck down their drilling holes.

On another matter locally, concerning the working boys home, how many councillors have wised up and read the 480 comments on Hereford Voice. I don't think many have, the majority base their decisions on party lines and direction. We need councillors who can listen, read behind the hidden agendas and serve the public honestly. I like Nigel Farage. He always answers the questions put to him and because of the pressure to discredit him through the media every day, he is enjoying an unparalleled amount of publicity for his party.

Good luck to him - after all you do not need any experience to be in politics just the votes.

I like Nigel Farage. He always answers the questions put to him and because of the pressure to discredit him through the media every day, he is enjoying an unparalleled amount of publicity

Good luck to him - after all you do not need any experience to be in politics just the votes.

I like Farage as well, would love to have a pint with him - BUT - "you dont need any experience to be in politics" - true!

BUT - would we really want him as PM?!?!?!?!

I think he is great for the "fun factor" and getting people talking about politics - but surely - nothing more!

Ive always thought that you were quite a considered poster - Im hoping your post is tongue in cheek and ive missed the point!

image.jpg

The role of Nigel Farage’s PA has become the most sought-after job in Britain, but not necessarily for the right reasons.

Hundreds have applied to be Nigel Farage’s PA, after the Ukip leader said that “nobodyâ€, except for his wife, was capable of doing the job.

Following Nigel Farage’s comments on why he was employing his German wife as his PA instead of a British citizen, a fake advert for the role received 764 applications in the space of just 12 hours.

Speaking to the BBC’s chief political correspondent Nick Robinson, Farage defended his decision on employing his spouse at the same time as publishing posters claiming unemployed Europeans were taking British jobs.

Explaining his decision, he said "nobody else could do the job" that his wife did, and that she earned "a very modest salary, working extremely unsociable hours for me and being available up to seven days a week".

Independent

Yes the media are putting pressure on Nigel. I liked this comment from a reader in the Guardian the other day:

I don't have any problem with political bias, and read both the Telegraph and Guardian where part of the enjoyment is reading articles from different perspectives. Luckily (or unluckily depending on your view) I haven't had much work this week and have sat in the office logging on daily. My point is about the sheer number of articles, their vitriol, and inaccuracies.

If anyone is that sad they might want to tot up the number of articles in the last week or two which are all on a theme like this one.

UKIP racist
UKIP billboard posters
UKIP Rhodesian candidate
UKIP Farage's Wife
UKIP MEP allowances.
UKIP goes to north of England

Between the Telegraph and Guardian it is somewhere around 20-30 articles.

How many on Labour's stance on the EU, or the Tories? Approximately zero. A couple on Clegg launching his campaign in Colchester.

It is less than a month till the elections and would have hoped that broadsheets like the Guardian and Telegraph would be a bit more objective, and a better variety of articles. FFS what about readers who aren't interested in Farage or UKIP?

I went to the UKIP meeting and found it very positive. A reasonable turnout for a wet evening and both MEP candidates expressed their views on the EU very well as did some of the audience through questions. I have got no idea who the other political party candidates are except that they want to remain in the EU and continue fleecing us for ever.

Regarding UKIP locally I asked if they were putting up candidates in the local and national elections next year. Nationally they are, but I can't see this area getting a different party MP as its too blue. Locally I mentioned that if UKIP put up local council candidates it could split the vote and let the current regime in again. They need to talk to the Independents and IOC and sort out a strategy.

Anyone who missed the UKIP political broadcast can see it here:

The Observer, Sunday 27 April 2014

Departing MEPs get final payoff of up to £157,000

European parliamentarians who step down or lose seat entitled to 'transitional allowance' worth a maximum of two years' salary

MEPs leaving Brussels after next month's election will receive a payoff of up to £157,000, in addition to other perks, as part of a "golden goodbye".

Details of the package, circulated to MEPs in a document that was handed to the Observer, have further ignited rows about the benefits awarded to politicians in the European parliament.

All MEPs who step down or lose their seats are entitled to a "transitional allowance" of at least £39,000. The value of the payment increases with length of time in post, meaning the longest-serving MEPs could receive two years' salary after leaving. The allowance provides one month's salary for each year an MEP has been in parliament, with a minimum of six months and a maximum of 24.

Some of them will only have been there for 4 years!

Is this just a coincidence or is Jesse trying to find out what really bothers us local voters? Any one go?

Dear all

I am writing to invite you to a public meeting I am holding alongside local Councillors at Westfields Community Hall on Highmore Street in Hereford this Friday. (25th April 2014)

The format is tea and biscuits at 5.30 pm, start at 6 pm, and aim to wind up at 7 pm.  I will open the discussion by talking about local and national issues affecting Hereford and Herefordshire, after which we will hear from local Councillors and have a Q&A.

From my past experience these have been very useful sessions both for me and for Councillors, and an opportunity for residents to air and discuss any issues which are of concern to them

I do hope you can come, and look forward to seeing you there.  Do please circulate this invitation among local friends and neighbours if you can.

Best,

Jesse

Hello Everyone- only my second post on any social website, I do not really yet understand how the system works but will do my best to learn asap. May I please introduce myself- I am your local UKIP Westminster candidate for 2015...won't bore you with too many personal details at this stage as a full website is in preparation at the moment, and when it is available, in a fortnight or so, I will post the details. In brief, I have been a parish/neighbourhood/district councillor, a teacher, a school governor, a naval reservist, a conservationist, a charity worker, a traveller, an old car enthusiast, and had my own law firm till I retired. I am married to a Swiss/Austrian lady, our son is married to a French girl and lives in Paris so we have French grandchildren, my brother is married to an Australian and serves in the Australian Army.

The local support for UKIP is most encouraging, but of course we need not only your vote, please, but also financial support. The main- should I now say "main"- three parties have huge funding compared with us, and we do need to find funding for printing, advertising, and so on. We need feet on the ground too, for leafletting, campaigning, and generally helping to get our country, democracy and sovereignty back. What is so distasteful is that these things have not been taken from us by force, as would have been the case if a certain German gentleman had managed to cross the Channel some seventy four years ago- no, they have been handed over on a plate, over a long period of time, by a process of dishonesty and deceit conducted by our very own politicians...the very people we should be able to trust, and in whom we have misguidedly placed the governance of this country. At last though, the people are seeing the light and the truth, and may their ire and fury be poured on those parties for what those parties have done.

What a chance this is...."there is a tide in the affairs of men which taken at the flood leads on to fortune"

Now may I ask you all- what do you expect of a politician, and what are your national and local concerns, apart from the EU? Enough of me telling you what I think, what do you think? And if anyone wants to arrange a street meeting, village hall meeting, or even just a personal noggin and natter, let me know. I need to learn, and hear from you, please.

P.S. I really must recommend a book "The Great Deception" by Christopher Booker and Richard North for all the details of how we have been dragged into the EU..marvellously written, but you will need to restrain your anger at the cheek and audacity of the Europhiles. 

My apologies- I should have replied to a specific point by Megilleland...can UKIP win this seat?

In 2001, the Liberals won by 968 votes. Had the UKIP vote gone to the Tories, the Tories would have won- just. In 2005, the Liberals won by 962 votes- had the UKIP vote gone to the Tories, they would have won--  by a whisker. At the last election, had the UKIP vote gone to the Liberal, she would not have won but she would have done so had the BNP vote also gone to the Liberal. North Hereford is "True Blue", but Hereford & Herefordshire South certainly is not.

Mr Norman's majority is only 2481, which is nothing, whereas Mr Bill Wiggins "up north" has a majority of over 10,000. I hope the Liberal vote will collapse, for after all, the Liberals have shown that they will sacrifice their principles in order to get into bed with whoever offers them a share of government. I hope the Liberal vote will go to UKIP. I know that a good many Tory voters have had enough and will vote UKIP....and finally there are the 33% who did not vote last time- to them I say lend me your vote just this once, and give UKIP and me Kip, a chance. I am fighting to win, not just to ruffle the political waters, but to part the sea and let true democracy return to this country. 

post.jpg

Twitter inundated with calls to flood Ukip 'Freepost' address with bricks and party flyers

Ukip opponents are returning flyers using an address they claim is Freepost, while others have chosen to send heavy items, including bricks, in an attempt to rack up a huge postal bill for the party.

Independent

• 3 weeks later...

Nigel Farage fails to show as Ukip 'carnival' ends with Winston McKenzie calling Croydon an "absolute dump"

Re6130168_large.jpg

UKIP leader Nigel Farage failed to turn up at a political rally that ended with a senior party official and Croydon candidate branding the town an “absolute dumpâ€.

The event outside the Whitgift Centre this afternoon, dubbed a mini-carnival, was supposed to answer critics who accused Mr Farage of racism following an interview on LBC.

Instead it quickly descended into farce, as arguments broke out between Ukip supporters and protesters, which played out in front of the nation’s media.

Ukip officials even booked a band - Croydon-based Endurance Steel Orchestra - to play during the "carnival of colour", but the group performed for just a matter of minutes and later said they had not been told it was a Ukip event.

Croydon Advertiser

A word of caution Martin. Everyone registered within our County has a right to vote and that of course includes the thousands of European Citizens who are registered with the Electoral Office. For many, being able to vote on anything is a huge privilege and if this group vote like they work then I fear it ain't going to be as straightforward as you, I and many others would like.

The only helpful thing is those from within the EU who form a part of our 'hidden' population will, as I understand it, not qualify to be given a vote as they do not appear on the Council tax register as ever being here.

Now factor in us. The indigenous group who've had centuries of democratic governance. We don't vote anymore. We can't be bothered and its this that may be our downfall and see us tied and bound to Europe and their horrid Eurovision Song Contest for decades to come.

I was looking at the list of candidates last night ... The postal ballot form is one and a half feet long with a list of 71 Candidates representing 11 Parties.

I also looked on the Council website and looked at the addresses of the Candidates. A lot from Birmingham and I think only one from Herefordshire. A woman representing Labour from Leominster. To be honest none of the options looked overly attractive to me. 

I think the motivation for going to the Polling Station will be to register a protest vote for many and thats probably going to fall into Ukip's hands.

However with the rain, and what I perceive to be apathy, over this Election I can't really see the turnout getting to more than 20%.

It's true. Apathy! I've just been and voted and the turn out described to me was, 'disappointingly low'. Now the bloody heavens have opened up on us, again and God has decided to urinate upon us, again and the bloody traffic around Aylestone Hill is as bad as I've ever seen it, we'll not have to wait long for the count to be completed.

If UKIP don't win this then Im f.uck.ed and it'll signal my bloody end!

Bobby said ....."If UKIP don't win this then Im f.uck.ed and it'll signal my bloody end! "

Bobby , once again I am with you on this - for a number of years I have used the Postal Vote system - works for me and I am sure that more would vote if they just took up this easy option.

Ubique, God only knows the nature and the character of the candidate me and the wife have just voted for. For all I know he's the ugliest man ever born, has a clubbed foot and suffers with Tourette's Syndrome.

For all I know he could be the most dangerous man ever born and I've voted for him. That its come to this! Voting for someone, you don't know, never likely to ever know, couldn't care less about his policies other than he will do his utmost to get me and my kith and kin out of this social engineered madness that is the European Union.

Bloody so much for democracy and spending your vote wisely. My God! And I consider myself highly intelligent! Good grief, Im a disgrace to rationality and commonsense.

Anyway, its done now and I wouldn't change a single thing. If UKIP don't win this then I'll buggar myself with the broom handle and give up ever trying to get my Drinks Cabinet fully stocked with the things I like to throw into the mouth of my fat face.

Bobby - guess we are two minds thinking alike - however I draw the line at your use of the broom handle .

Before anybody says we are mad to vote as we undoubtly have - well we have , and if the result goes the way we think it will we will consider it a vote in the right direction , it's then up to the main political Parties to , perhaps rethink their policies , they have 12 months to bring in policies acceptable to the voting Public.