So, um, how do we get out of Tesco car park?

Biomech

I saw the front page of the HT today - lol, where is all of that extra space coming from? In the picture you have, effectively, 6 lanes worth of width.
Now, add to that the schematics and it actually appears that they will be removing the centre bollard, removing the grass verge AND removing the slip road for more space.

Which leads me on to my second questions, looking a this picture, where you can CLEARLY see that the grass verge AND the slip road (Wall Street) missing ;

A: So the slip road is going then? What about access to all of the disabled homes along it?
B: Looking at the lack of said road, how are cars going to come out of Tesco car park? Surely not directly onto the mouth of the roundabout? Queue more traffic lights!!

Not picking, serious questions.

img-about-main.jpg

That developer drawing is a complete nonsense and should be disregarded. Wall St is not going - the exit onto Newmarket St (and right turn across) is clearly shown on the latest CGI on the front of HT. Quite how they are going to make up the space I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the central reservation will more or less disappear as it heads towards Edgar St and they may make the  present pavement narrower to grab some space. The City wall is a scheduled monument - they can't just start moving things and digging willy nilly. In fact, I think the latest proposals require a variation to the planning permission, but no application has been made as far as I can see. 

Same old story of bad communication isn't it?

@Two Wheels: because of your obvious knowledge of the ESG scheme and planning matters in general, can you answer this question please:-

Both on the published plan above (which I accept is probably inaccurate) and also physically on the ground, the space between the curved brick facade of the Debenhams building and the real life road's kerb (on which the site hoarding is presently perched) seems perilously narrow. No more than one metre, perhaps? Here comes the question: How is it possible that highly-paid professionally-qualified council planners allowed the developers such latitude, when the department store's set-back should have been - oh I don't know - at least 10 metres?

This is exactly what I mean, if they made their intentions clear and not come out with crap like different versions for different people, if people actually had the opportunity to know what was going on, they wouldn't get half of the complaints that they do.

If that is, in fact, for investors, then as an investor I would not be happy about being misled.

@Two Wheels: because of your obvious knowledge of the ESG scheme and planning matters in general, can you answer this question please:-

Both on the published plan above (which I accept is probably inaccurate) and also physically on the ground, the space between the curved brick facade of the Debenhams building and the real life road's kerb (on which the site hoarding is presently perched) seems perilously narrow. No more than one metre, perhaps? Here comes the question: How is it possible that highly-paid professionally-qualified council planners allowed the developers such latitude, when the department store's set-back should have been - oh I don't know - at least 10 metres?

This picture shows they have built the building around Newmarket roundabout at least 2 mtrs in from line of old buildings

http://www.imagebam.com/image/df9cea296471834

Ragwert, you couldn't get a photo from about another 10 feet back along the face of the Debenhams' Building like this one could you. The only place I think planning outlines/regs have been breached is where the curved wall part is (that faces out to where the old cider press used to be,/ie the eastern walls just after the end of loading bay and almost exactly where the lights are positioned at the end of Edgar St). Would be very intrigued to see that particular point. It was here that the HA designer said he was hamstrung for space. Thanks.

Harry Beynon

Posted Today, 10:59 AM

There will definitely be traffic-lights allowing a right turn from Tesco and also lights offering a right turn from Blueschool Street to Widemarsh Street. There will be no need for the 20 mph speed limit!

These drawings give some idea of the junction proposals and extension to existing 20mph zones. Not sure if they are relevant today.

Herefordshire Council proposed extension to existing 20mph zone 6th December 2011.pdf

Proposed speed reduction, traffic regulation and restricted zone order layout 1st September 2011.pdf

Ragwert, you couldn't get a photo from about another 10 feet back along the face of the Debenhams' Building like this one could you. The only place I think planning outlines/regs have been breached is where the curved wall part is (that faces out to where the old cider press used to be,/ie the eastern walls just after the end of loading bay and almost exactly where the lights are positioned at the end of Edgar St). Would be very intrigued to see that particular point. It was here that the HA designer said he was hamstrung for space. Thanks.

I think this picture has been taken right across from the cider press judging by the church spire.The curve is further down around the corner.