Lugg Meadow ground work activity.

greenknight

Well hello...it's been a while but I'm liking the revamp.

Been away with work and doing a bit of my own rebuilding and I guess that brings me to the topic in question.

Does anyone know what's going on in the fields next to the Barrett new development and opposite the road that leads out from the old Herefordshire Nature Trust building ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, greenknight said:

Been away with work and doing a bit of my own rebuilding and I guess that brings me to the topic in question.

Does anyone know what's going on in the fields next to the Barrett new development and opposite the road that leads out from the old Herefordshire Nature Trust building ?

We used to play in there as kids & knew it as the old caravan site for some odd reason.
The last I saw was that someone had turned parts of it into a race track for bikes/motorcyles but that was a few years back.

Thanks Ragwert 

It's not part of the new development and I would be surprised if it's housing because that field floods regularly as it did this year even with a relatively short wet period of thaw from the snow.

Surely would have come to the attention of our eyes and ears in planning.

45 minutes ago, ODT said:

I think you'll find it's a feeder road for all the HGVs going to and from the biodigester at Court Farm in Hampton Bishop. The HGVs will be able to avoid Hampton dene.

Beat me to it.
Reading up about this biodigester site it looks to have been built twice the size it should have been.

Seems unlikely that such a large scheme on such a sensitive site can start without any checks and balances from the controlling authorities, not the least planning permission. I recall a large strawberry grower building a similar new road to serve a new caravan shanty town the size of Kington on the edge of Leominster, all without planning permission, which then took several years, and a lot of our money, to get removed through legislation (and the road remains, albeit through not such a sensitive site). The Council need to jump on this immediately - I'll be raising a query with the ward councillor.

Edit - I see that planning permission was granted in 2015, and an application was submitted in March of this year to deal with the conditions and this is undetermined. As such, the applicant is not entitled to start work and has in fact rendered his planning permission null and void by doing so. The Planning Officer is Rebecca Jenman - I urge readers to express any concerns directly to her.

Some of this maize crop goes into the digester and some I think is made into forage for cattle over the winter. Farming is now very high tech and is not easy to keep up with all the different methods used nowadays.  As an aside remember before you start farmer bashing to thank a farmer every time you drink a cup of something and eat something!

On 28/09/2018 at 08:06, greenknight said:

Good to see you back. 

Thanks Ragwert 

It's not part of the new development and I would be surprised if it's housing because that field floods regularly as it did this year even with a relatively short wet period of thaw from the snow.

Thanks Ragwert 

Court Farm is discretely tucked away at the back of Hampton Bishop. 

I know you should never judge a book by its cover but the dominant stone and large wrought iron gated entrance suggest that this is no small holding.

The heavy ground work machinery and trucks must be gaining access off the Mordiford to Bartestree road as there is still no access onto Ledbury road and I can't see a way onto land through the narrow lanes in Hampton Bishop or the road from said village into Hereford.

The developing access road must be at least a mile long so one would think that the planned returns for this type of investment are there in perhaps many different forms.

I see there was an application back in 2010 and it makes an interesting read.

As for this road evolving later into something else ...I couldn't possibly comment but will have a chat with my brief because I purchased a house near here and it did not come up in any of the searches.

13 hours ago, ODT said:

The original application (I think) stated there would be no significant impact on traffic. Yeh, right!

I can see a roundabout going in and speed limit reduced.You cannot have hgv's pulling out of there with a 60mph speed limit.

14 hours ago, ODT said:

....................so where do you think the groundwork vehicles are gaining access?

I'm struggling to see other than perhaps somewhere on the Hereford to Mordiford Road. One Boundary is the Ledbury Road and another is the Lugg itself.

Not wrong Ragwert but can you already feel the frustration...

I can see an extension of the 30mph city limit which will absorb the Lugg straight and in doing so merge into the limits of both Luggwardine and Bartestree.

I've used that road at 5/6 am in the morning heading East and its getting busier and trade guys in particular are having to leave earlier.