KEEP CLEAR SIGNS, BELMONT TESCO

:Thumbs-Up:  After two years of asking for yellow boxes at Belmont Tesco, following on from Colin's original suggestion I met on site with Amey last November, I was advised we could not have yellow boxes without traffic signals, I ask for an alternative and we compromised on 'keep clear signs' at the entrance to Northolme Rd, Abbotsmead Rd and Southolme Rd. I am please to advise that these will be put in on 20th March weather permitting.

On 18/03/2011 at 08:24, Glenda Powell said:

:Thumbs-Up: After two years of asking for yellow boxes at Belmont Tesco, following on from Colin's original suggestion I met on site with Amey last November, I was advised we could not have yellow boxes without traffic signals, I ask for an alternative and we compromised on 'keep clear signs' at the entrance to Northolme Rd, Abbotsmead Rd and Southolme Rd. I am please to advise that these will be put in on 20th March weather permitting.

I think you will actually find that Mr James originally requested this back in May 2008, so it's taken 3 years!

This is good news and long overdue, but I am not going to hold my breath just yet. :Smile_32:

Yes i am not taking anything away from Colin James he did request yellow boxes 3 years ago, but his request was not taken up until he approached me 2 years ago, and it has taken me all this time to get Amey to agree with my compromise of 'keep clear signs'. I have Amey assurance that these signs will be put in on 20th weather permitting, but they must be put in before the end of this financial year end March. Amey has learnt in the past not to ignore my requests to their cost!

We only need ONE 'keep clear' sign at the tesco exit.

Typical-you ask for ONE, then THREE come along!

Mmm I had the same thought but best I do not complain as this may only confuse them, which will then lead to more meetings and delays... :Smile_32:

This should of been done a long long time ago to be fair, all it takes is a man from Amey with a template and a can of yellow spray paint, not rocket science really. I notice that the 20th is today and it is a gorgeous day, so lets see if this actually happens.

Well we have the keep clear signs, but I cannot believe that they have limited them to just the inside lane!! When I compromised on the "Keep Clear" signs I assumed like anyone else would, that they would have been put across the whole section, this is not going to work as people traveling down from the Abergavenny side are already in the center of the road coming around the roundabout, unbelievable...

Well we have the keep clear signs, but I cannot belive that they have limited them to just the inside lane!! When I compramised on the "Keep Clear" signs I assumed like anyone else would, that they would have been put across the whole section, this is not going to work as people travelling down from the Abergavenny side are already in the centre of the road coming around the roundabout, unbelievable...

Why I am not suprised? :Angry_32: