UPDATE>>> Coronavirus UK

Hereford Voice

UPDATE>>> 14 March 2020

Ten more people have died after being diagnosed with coronavirus, with 1,140 cases now confirmed in the UK.

It is the largest number of deaths announced on a single day since the start of the outbreak and brings the total number of fatalities to 21.

The number of people testing positive for the infection was up by 342 from 798 at the same time on Friday.

Breaking News:

There are 12 new cases of Coronavirus in the UK taking the total to merely 51 people out of a population of over 66 million, is this an overreaction?

Okay, for those of you that maybe worried, what are the coronavirus symptoms?

corona_virus_symptoms.png.fcbcb472f306a225cd43d85d1f28af26.png

Coronavirus is a respiratory disease which seems to start with a fever, followed by a dry cough. After a week, it leads to shortness of breath and some patients require hospital treatment.

These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. They are similar to those for much more common viruses, such as colds and flu.

In more severe cases, coronavirus can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, multiple organ failure and even death.

Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease), are more likely to become severely ill.

The incubation period, according the the World Heath Organization (WHO) between infection and showing any symptoms - lasts up to 14 days. 

What are your thoughts? Overreaction? Scaremongering? Or do you think differently? 

For what it's worth.

YOUR ORGANISATION AND CORONAVIRUS

As the coronavirus (covid-19) situation develops, your organisation should be planning how best to keep your employees, volunteers, supporters and beneficiaries informed and protected.

* What’s the best way to prevent the spread of the virus? 
* What do you need to do to protect staff, volunteers and visitors?
* Should your employees take sick leave? 
* Should you cancel your events?
* How can you support your beneficiaries/service users?
* How you can develop a contingency plan and how will your insurance be impacted?
* Will there be financial implications? 
* How are charities helping? 

To help, we have collated guidance on what steps you may need to take:

This information is intended to help you decide what steps you and your organisation may need to take in light of the spread of the covid-19 virus. 

We’ll keep this information up to date. This page was last updated on 3 March 2020.  

It does seem to be all very dramatic but because there is not yet a vaccine for this it is causing a lot of concern. For all those that have not under lying health issues it probably is not a huge problem however those with long term illnesses have a suppressed immune system and this is where the real concern is.

To look at it another way if it wiped out half the population the survivors would say why was this not taken seriously at the outset - so personally I think we should be aware of it and take as many precautions as possible.

Do not really understand why people are panic buying - toilet rolls sold out in Tesco yesterday and soap of all kinds wiped off the shelves - oh well each to their own.

Overreaction? That’s a knotty conundrum and a difficult one for me to answer. I’ve recently tested positive for this aggressive  virus and yet I’ve displayed no obvious symptoms. No cough. No dizziness. No temperature. Nothing! Frankly, I’ve never felt better than I do right now.

That said, I’ve unfortunately but happily for me been diagnosed and labelled as a a Spreader of the Virus. A Super Spreader to be exact. Which means, according to the local Health Authority that whilst I’m riddled from head to foot with the dreadful debilitating Corona Virus and I’m an obvious clear and serious threat to anyone and everyone sat in close proximity to me, I cannot possibly become ill with it myself, which is very good news. Basically, in short, I give it to everyone else without there being any mesureable negative impact upon me. Therefore, until such times as I’m legally and forcibly isolated from the rest of humanity and prevented from infecting thousands of others, I’ll continue to give what I’ve got without it having any negative impact upon my good health and well-being.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2020 at 19:38, megilleland said:

Noticed in Tesco Belmont that the shelves have been stripped bare of Pasta products. Worried that Italy is in lockdown?

Let's hope all those who stockpiled bought condoms to,just to make sure they don't produce any more idiots.

• Like 1