Cambo versus The Hereford Times.

bobby47

Last week the Hereford Times conducted a Readers Poll regarding our departure from the European Union. The Poll asked, now that our exit is imminent, would you now vote to Remain, would you now vote to Leave or don't you know.

This particular news thread attracted a great many comments that supported our departure and the Poll very quickly reflected our people's desire to still leave the Union. Indeed, by the early part of the afternoon the Poll reflected this intent and had the Leave vote at around 69 percent, the Remain vote around 29 percent and the remaining number stating Don't Know.

Around 2.30pm, some five minutes after the Poll showed Leave at 69 percent, I opened up the page of the HT to see whether or not further comments had been added. At this time, the Poll then read 69 percent to Remain, 29 percent to Leave.

The Poll result had been deliberately distorted and its manipulation and single purpose could only be for one reason. To suit the narrative of the media who like much of the establishment want us to remain in the Union.

Worse, today, the Hereford Times has released a piece on their Readers page celebrating the results of their Poll that shows the Remain vote at over 70 percent which, given the clear circumstances of the rigged Poll that adequately displays just how powerful the media have become in controlling our lives, our views, our aspirations and our futures by simply writing and reporting whatever they like whether it's true or false.

Yes even our own local newspaper is not immune to contracting the fake news virus by publishing a false & wrongful result of its online poll about the EU referendum.

Midway through they switched the vote as Bobby rightly says from going in favour of people saying they would still vote to leave to going in favour of people would now vote to remain?!

It then also stopped working

When I question this yesterday after they published the result it was then pulled but reinstated this afternoon?!

No wonder our local politicians go around pleasing themselves when the best our local rag can do is try falsifying results of its online poll there is no chance of them doing any real journalism!

They can't even be bother to respond when they are called out on anything either?!

post-991-0-79456700-1490808241_thumb.png

post-991-0-55990800-1490808263_thumb.png

I emailed the HT re this Post etc ......this is their reply ............

Thanks for the email.

We have asked the IT department in Worcester to check the results and they said they were as published.

It seems some people did vote more than once but we made this clear in the story.

You can see from page 4 of today’s paper that we have put many views across – and highlighted the fact that our poll was not scientific and that we could not claim that these results “would be echoed in a real referendumâ€.

But thanks for your interest – and thanks again for getting in touch.

All the best,

Ian Morris

Assistant editor.

Watch UK Column live daily at 1pm or on demand to get into the reality of Brexit. We are not cutting ourselves off from the EU administration, but behind the scenes, assisting in the creation of an EU military force and adopting their laws and not creating our own. The whole thing is a smoke screen to maintain the status quo. I am tired of the anti brexit rant of the BBC and in the national press. Now it is seeping into our local press and local government and adding weight to the establishment's desire to keep themselves in the manner accustomed ie calling all the shots and shafting the British public.

• Thumbs Up 1

Martin, your piece really gets to the heart of how controlled we are and how controlling the media and the establishment now are in relation to the governance of us all.

Last August a poor Polish man died on the streets of Essex. His tragic death was widely reported in the media of Britain, Poland and discussed in the Parliaments of Westminster, Poland and the European Union.

The reports of this poor mans death announced that a mob of British youths carried out a frenzied attack after they heard him speaking in his native tongue. The narrative then was this poor man was Murdered, the attack was racist and connected with our countries desire for Brexit.

Understandably, on her recent visit to Britain the Polish Premier raised this death with Theresa May rightly demanding that her citizens are afforded protection against hate crime attacks. Naturally, as someone who voted to Leave, I was devastated that a man was murdered in our Country simply because of his ethnicity and I personally reflected on this news asking myself, 'what have we done to bring about such anger and hatred'?

All straightforward you might think! Well, sadly it's not. This poor lad was not Murdered, he was not attacked by a frenzied mob and the death was not motivated by feelings of racial hatred. One child of 15 years of age has been charged with Manslaughter.

Now, no matter what, for millions of people who followed that false narrative, they'll forever believe that we are a nation of racists who killed a man and there's nothing that can be done to change their views of us who voted to Leave.

I emailed the HT re this Post etc ......this is their reply ............

Thanks for the email.

We have asked the IT department in Worcester to check the results and they said they were as published.

It seems some people did vote more than once but we made this clear in the story.

You can see from page 4 of today’s paper that we have put many views across – and highlighted the fact that our poll was not scientific and that we could not claim that these results “would be echoed in a real referendumâ€.

But thanks for your interest – and thanks again for getting in touch.

All the best,

Ian Morris

Assistant editor.

Yes well they have tried to cover their backs because I know why they pulled it originally that's because they re-edited it laying blame at the it unit in Worcester if they cannot guarantee the polls are reliable then why both doing them?!

Mind, going off at a tangent and discussing hate crime, only this week on the HT readers page, a couple of East European kids have gone off the rails and ended up in Court. To read the comments left by the Readers you'd most definitely believe that racism in Hereford is alive and well. It's truly despairing to read it and very wrong that the HT allow these comments to remain on their page for everyone to read.

Why would the HT distort a Poll and at the same time tolerate readers posting stuff that discredits us all? I've absolutely no idea!

Mind, going off at a tangent and discussing hate crime, only this week on the HT readers page, a couple of East European kids have gone off the rails and ended up in Court. To read the comments left by the Readers you'd most definitely believe that racism in Hereford is alive and well. It's truly despairing to read it and very wrong that the HT allow these comments to remain on their page for everyone to read.

Why would the HT distort a Poll and at the same time tolerate readers posting stuff that discredits us all? I've absolutely no idea!

Because it's propaganda bobby you see the HT is very anti Brexit they don't want it to happen it's all about winning hearts & minds if you voted Brexit you must be a nasty person look at these remarks from other Brexiteers!…the truth is there is unfortunately a side to Brexit that those who have racial issues voted along those lines…it's a case of for the greater good you've had to do a kind of deal with the devil as unsavoury as that sounds it happened…personally I like to view them as uneducated the sad thing thou is like pork it is very hard to educate in fact near impossible!