Wife of Hereford man to be deported to Philippines

megilleland

Heard this on BBC H&W Radio today.

Wife of Hereford man to be deported to Philippines

Man fears wife could be destitute if forced to leave UK

The wife of a British man will be left homeless when she is sent back to the Philippines, her husband says.

Rob and Marinel Bristow, from Hereford, married eight years ago.

Mrs Bristow had been refused a permanent visa and they were appealing against the decision, but this month she was arrested, detained and told she would be deported.

The Home Office said Mrs Bristow could not provide evidence of her husband's earnings needed for the application.

Mrs Bristow was taken to the Yarl's Wood Immigration Removal Centre in Bedfordshire as she has been unable to prove her husband's earnings as a photographer meet the threshold of £18,600 for her to stay here on a spousal visa.

Her husband said she would be deported imminently.

"If she's sent back now she will basically be homeless," he said.

After the couple married, Mrs Bristow initially remained in the Philippines.

When a typhoon destroyed her business and property in 2013, she moved to the UK and applied to permanently stay, but her application was refused.

During the appeals process her passport and visitor visa expired and she was told to register at Hereford police station each month.

"We waited and waited for the result of the application and never heard anything and she went in as usual on 8 March and was detained," said Mr Bristow.

"They showed us the letter of refusal and then she was detained in the police station and moved to the immigration removal centre. That's the first we knew of the visa result."

The Home Office said: "Ms Bristow did not submit the required evidence to demonstrate her partner's income from self-employment. The required threshold is £18,600 a year."

Looks like we are turning into a police state with judges and officials using secret courts to determine the fate of established citizens. Won't be long before we are stopped in High Town and asked for our papers. Jesse Norman (our silent MP) has been contacted about this injustice, but so far no comment.

". The Home Office said: "Ms Bristow did not submit the required evidence to demonstrate her partner's income from self-employment. The required threshold is £18,600 a year."

I know nothing about the Rules relating to Immigration / Visa application etc but I think I can understand the reason for the couple being able to,support themselves - appears a simple procedure to produce evidence of achieving the required threshold .

Going on from that if I was in a similar position and my main income did not reach the required income I would seek further employment to ensure it did .

If i'm wrong so be it .

I read yesterday that a British man in his 90s Who lived with his family in Austrailia was being deported back to the UK before he became a liability to their Health Service !

". The Home Office said: "Ms Bristow did not submit the required evidence to demonstrate her partner's income from self-employment. The required threshold is £18,600 a year."

Why is she having to do this that is submit her partners income? I think it's her partner who should be doing this to whichever department it may concern especially if he wants her to stay?

Which I'm presuming he does so that being so it does not appear to be a sham marriage so if they are legally married why is she being deported? If she is able to work herself then why should it matter?

Looks like we are turning into a police state with judges and officials using secret courts to determine the fate of established citizens. Won't be long before we are stopped in High Town and asked for our papers. Jesse Norman (our silent MP) has been contacted about this injustice, but so far no comment.

A guy called Jim Rickards is saying they what to chip our money too?!…it's all about control or another form of slavery whichever way you look at it it's not good!

https://pro.agora.co.uk/p/SIN51/ESINT327/?

This poor lady shoved into a detention centre and treated not much better than a common criminal.  

Is Jesse N really doing all he can to help this family or is he too busy trying not to rock the Parliamentary boat and preserving his career prospects.  Has he got his eyes on other career prospects and follow  George Osborne's lead?

Whatever the reason it would appear that JN is not supporting his constituent.  A couple of month's ago an online petition was started to stop a grandmother being deported to South Africa yet nothing for this lady - why? 

Cambo not sure of the relevance of your comment above.  The husband of Marinel is desperately trying to engage with Jesse Norman to try to get him to  help him with his plight and if you would care to look at No 1 Ledbury Road forum you will see that a contributor is also trying to engage with JN for support.  Dam it all is this not JN's role - to support his constituents

Cambo not sure of the relevance of your comment above. The husband of Marinel is desperately trying to engage with Jesse Norman to try to get him to help him with his plight and if you would care to look at No 1 Ledbury Road forum you will see that a contributor is also trying to engage with JN for support. Dam it all is this not JN's role - to support his constituents

I guess you could say I've gone off topic Dennis sorry…I can't understand how MPs can concentrate on their constituents & do a ministerial job at the same time? It would seem that JN is struggling on this?…if he's not careful he will earn himself the nickname of "where's wally"!