Family refused planning Application

ragwert

A Herefordshire family from Wellington have had their planning application for a small bungalow
for their disabled child refused.

From ClaireSnead's facebook page

Our planning application for a disabled bungalow on the site of an old shed and yard has been turned down by Herefordshire Planning Department: Not redirected either because the 11 neighbours who supported it were "not significant" and our need for disabled access "not unusual". Sorrow is not a strong enough word.... This is us... we are a family... share, we need everyones help

post-918-0-49529800-1483014386_thumb.jpg

I usually like to form my opinion having heard the facts from both sides however based on the information given in this topic I can say that's it's absolutely shocking.

No mention of objection, only support for the application and a good case put forward i.e. Aiding a disability surely should warrant approval?

Is it that the Council are such a corporate money making machine that they would make this family suffer, forcing them to resubmit another planning application (with the associated fee attached) in order to boost funds? Every department (perhaps with the exception of adult social care) is under pressure to perform, reduce spend, justify staff on payroll and increase revenue, therefore it wouldn't be a shock to discover that the true reasons for the endless cases of planning objections with no common sense reasons are purely to facilitate more money from people resubmitting planning applications.

There is a money pie (budget) and certain people,businesses want a slice of it. There are people that control who gets a slice of the pie and want to be paid massive amounts of cash to be in charge for deciding who gets a chunk, arguably too many people all draining off some of the pie contents. There are also those who come on board with their own agenda, chipping away at the pastry and exercising some control over the pie servers. These types can obtain massive chunks of pie secretly by ensuring that those who want pie get it as long as some of it comes their way. Anyway I lost where I was going with this, you can form your own opinion why the application was rejected.

I hope the council see sense and the family get their application approved enabling the young lady to live an easier life. Perhaps they can refund the application fee for the inconvenience caused.

Perhaps someone from the council can offer the other side of the story, with good, reasonable, common sense grounds for objection??

I can see the criterion to not resubmit to committee, but I still can't understand why the initial application was declined. On what grounds, reasons etc to refuse permission to build.

As a criterion Marc Willimont obviously doesn't consider disability to be an important factor.

I'm trying to understand reasons for refusal, could it be that there is a boundary line running through the property or are the council concerned about the trend and associated effects of 'land grabbing', or are they concerned that the family could possibly apply for a 'disability facilities grant' if planning is approved?

Having looked at the details it seems a sensible decision to me. Contrary to policy.

I see that the family currently live next door where there is a family house and a large self contained annexe which provides, it seems to me, the necessary space for the daughter. Why then do they need a new free standing house? Perhaps they want to sell the existing house?

Different rules for different folks - a few fields away, planning permission was granted 12 months ago for a new house for the brother of former Tory councillor Nick Nenadich, citing health grounds and a being a longstanding member of the community. Contrary to policy, a redirection was requested and granted and it was approved at committee. Of course, there was also Cllr Greenow who was granted planning permission for a new house in open countryside, contrary to policy and signed off by his friend and Tory chair of the planning committee ...

http://herefordheckler.co.uk/herefordshires-planning-committee-a-tale-of-councillor-corruption/

Yes then there was a PA in Bromsash for 10 houses that was refused on grounds that have been ignored for other PA's.  Decisions on planning applications appear to be far too personal and are not consistently carried out throughout the county.  If as has been suggested on another forum this is a ruse to get the family to reapply and pay over even more money then the Council should hang their heads in shame.  This poor little family need all the assistance and money they can get not be ripped off by their local council. 

The Council fees thing is a red herring - a resubmission is free and the fees are small change anyway as a percentage of the construction cost. Of course, when Council's are able to set their own fee scales (currently set by Central Government), expect this to change very quickly! They'll look to the massive fees charged by the public (now private) utilities as a model - obstructive until money is paid.

Oh well I do not know then.  A family that want to do the right thing - keeping their elderly parents and disabled child  close to home - something that should be encouraged.  I hope HC and the Snead family can work something mutually suitable out.  I am sure the Snead family would rather not to have this issue hitting the press in the first place.  

I also trust that the HC website will not be down for too long I always check to see who the ward councillor is when there is a shall we say a questionable PA being discussed.  I see it is Cllr Guthrie