Redevelopment of former Records Office, Harold Street

twowheelsgood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news this PA is now not going before the planning committee as it's been refused by the planning officer by delegation after he spoke with the ward councillor who was happy enough for him to do so!

Sorry. Council property and cannot be delegated to officers

Now likely to be at Planning Committee on 7 December

Sorry. Council property and cannot be delegated to officers

Now likely to be at Planning Committee on 7 December

How is it that the council are not governed by the same rules as everyone else?

However given the objections to this PA the committee would be foolish to push it through because it will not be the last they hear of it I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Planning Permission refused - only one Councillor voted against refusal

Well done to all who got involved (including the Planning Officer)

The decision did soften the blow of having to wait almost all day for the debate

Yes AV great result & the right one too even thou we had to waitI till last…have to say also cllr Greenow spoke well in support of refusing the PA which I have to admit was a pleasant surprise to me

Also thanks to David Straker who did a grand job as commentator for the objectors

Well done I just came on here to ask what had happened and pleased to see this.

As a matter of interest who was the Councillor who voted to refuse refusal might as well name and shame!

I must admit Cllr Greenow comes out in strange places I know he was very supportive and very understanding of the objectors to the WHD development and spoke very well then.

So long as my information is correct the only  Councillor who voted agianst refusal was Councillor Shaw who represents Bromyard Bringsty Ward.

Odd you may think? However he is also a Cabinet Support Member for corporate strategy and finance - which may explain it

But if I have his voting wrong then I apologise

• 5 months later...

I am reliably informed that this has not gone away - closed door discussions between a Council Director, Planning, the MOD and the Cathedral School have taken place. Given the MOD's involvement, it would seem that the TA is now included in the scope. There is a long standing hope/understanding that the TA site would be made available by the Council (they own it and lease it to the TA) for a new school to replace the present St James' School - in fact the school have been working hard on a feasibility study to this effect and it would be a terrible betrayal by the Council to pull the rug from under them.