Shabby treatment by this disgusting government

megilleland

Feb 18, 2016 —

Myrtle Cothill is a frail 92-year-old South African lady. She is at risk of being removed by the Home Office to a country where she has nobody to look after her and nowhere to stay. Myrtle has been living with Mary Wills, her British 66-year-old daughter who is also a qualified carer, since her arrival in the UK in February 2014. I am Myrtle's barrister and I have launched this petition on behalf of her to call on the Home Office to grant Mrytle leave to remain in the UK.

Myrtle Cothill is a frail 92-year-old South African lady. She is at risk of being removed by the Home Office to a country where she has nobody to look after her and nowhere to stay. Myrtle has been living with Mary Wills, her British 66-year-old daughter who is also a qualified carer, since her arrival in the UK in February 2014. Like any good daughter and wife, Mary deeply loves her husband and her mother and just wants to take care of them. However, the Home Office has refused Myrtle leave to remain in the UK and is expecting the 92-year-old to return to South Africa on her own. This would rip the family apart and leave them broken-hearted. The Courts have felt unable to overturn the Home Office decision, relying the stringent nature of the current Immigration Rules on adult dependent relatives.

Maybe she should seek asylum on the grounds that the British Government is putting her life at risk? Plenty of other people can just arrive here and bring in their relatives.

I am not interested in what politicians wear as long as it is reasonable or appropriate for the job. I am much more interested in what the policies are and how people conduct themselves and treat others. To me the lack of respect shown in Parliament reflects the lack of respect shown by politicians not just to each other but all to often the electorate and particularly the young , the old and the vulnerable.  The Wolf in Red Riding Hood could dress up and look like a nice, little old lady, but the clothes didnt stop him eating up little Red Riding Hood. 

Great response from Jeremy.....

"If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies. It would be a sad situation if the wrapper was better than the meat wrapped inside it."  Albert Einstein.

Spot on JC.

Just don't expect Dave or his followers to appreciate your principles!