Hereford times strikes again

DILLIGAF

Yet more great journalism from HT!! http://m.herefordtimes.com/news/14206880.Elderly_man_dies_45_minutes_after__difficult__hospital_operation/

At a time when our great hospital is at breaking point and already in the media for all the wrong reasons.

This story has no reflection on anything related to the current media coverage. The NHS did what it could for this gravely ill elderly patient in MAY, why HT felt the need to report it now is beyond me.

Many people have tragically lost their lives daily in the hospital, after all they are there for palliative care, some will make it some won't.

Are HT going to report on every one? It disgusts me.

Report on something significant that concerns us, BILL WIGGIN extra curricular activities, not this tripe. But no you pull that one! Why?

Absolutely right. There's a collusion between the media and our government to run down the NHS as much as possible, to manipulate attitudes towards it which tend to be overwhelmingly positive. Once you get people thinking the NHS is crap, then it's an easy step to convince people that it would be better run by private companies. Just like our railways, energy, water, buses, care for the elderly.....

The Hereford Times has every right to report the story as it was a Public hearing but I too would question the Public Interest in this case. It seems that a very poorly and elderly gentleman has succumbed to an operation that was a 'last throw of the dice' where the outcome was grim at best. No real news here other than to say RIP ...

I don't know if this is an example of increased Court reporting from the HT generally recently? There seems to have been an upsurge from where I'm sat reading ...

It's a negative outcome, and a negative story. I agree it's reporting a routine situation (and as such hardly newsworthy I'd have thought), but the truth is we rarely/never hear any of the thousands of success stories to come out of the NHS. It contributes towards the negative perception of the NHS that Jeremy Hunt and his friends in private health care want to foster.

Well said Osmosis you are on the button the tory's have been opposed to the N.H.S. since it's inception they are also racist after ww2 there election campaign was vote Labour for a ****** neighbour that was the front page of the Daily Mail they would have workhouses back tomorrow if they thought they could get away with it.

HT are reporting the facts of the inquest, sad though they are. It is clear that the NHS did all they could against poor odds. Hardly a story running down the NHS.

Indeed reporting an inquest, however it has been depicted and headed in a way clearly to run down the NHS.

Reporting from an inquest fills the pages of the HT can be done during office hours and involves a trip to the Court room  Nothing too challenging and probably considered good training for the reporters.  No disrespect to the departed is intended by my comment.

Years ago the HT used to report the divorce hearings coming up it would fill half the paper nowadays!

It's a negative outcome, and a negative story. I agree it's reporting a routine situation (and as such hardly newsworthy I'd have thought), but the truth is we rarely/never hear any of the thousands of success stories to come out of the NHS. It contributes towards the negative perception of the NHS that Jeremy Hunt and his friends in private health care want to foster.

Feel free to sign here: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/foi-extend

• 4 weeks later...

Man had 'heated argument' with partner in front of city shoppers

A MAN who had a fight with his partner in front of Hereford shoppers has been ordered to pay £195 by magistrates.

HT

HT have struck again and I see the edit/delete button has been heavily used on this story from the weekend. The story has been edited to remove the nationality of the 'man' and the comments have been removed/closed. From memory the initial comment was giving the author a hard time for mentioning the nationality ...

The story has been edited to remove the nationality of the 'man' and the comments have been removed/closed. 

I just thought I'd post what a Polish paper (based in England) made of this story ... Words are 'translated' ...

Great Britain A British court sentenced the Pole for drunken fuss in the center of Hereford

Details  Created: Sunday, 07 February 2016 14:03

Before Hereford Magistrates Court brought 28-year-old Pole, who were detained for drunken fuss in the center of Hereford.Hailing from Jaslo Krystian Ropele got drunk and initiated an argument with his partner. Casual passers-by, which is witnessing quarrels called the police. Within two weeks, Polak hit the court, where he was put fined for disturbing public order.

Reported events involving Krystian Ropele occurred on January 20 this year. At approx. 15 Local police received a call to awanturujÄ…cej is drunk a pair of emigrants. Upon arrival, the patrol found that those involved in the quarrel Poles. They are shouting to each other something incomprehensible for the British language. Between a woman and a man fell vulgar words.

Argument, which was accompanied by fretting recorded a CCTV camera mounted outside the store Marks & Spencers. With proof of disturbance of public order there was therefore no problems before the local Magistrates' court. Marilena Divitantonio, a lawyer from the office, acting on behalf of the Pole could only take care of the proper conduct of the case and that the heard to say what is charged. Ropele admitted that he is an alcoholic.

Reliance on alcohol problems was not for the judge no excuse. After reading the last. He presented Thursday with circumstances of the case found guilty of disorderly Pole. 28-year-old sentenced to a fine of £ 40, which counted £ 20 fund victims. Krystian Ropele was also required to pay court costs of £ 135.

newsman

kontakt@naszestrony.co.uk

krystian_ropel_news2a.jpg

Nasze Strony