Play Nightclub Licensing Application

Roger

Licensing application for Play Nightclub on the Council Website

Application

End of drinking at 03.30 hrs. Premises to close at 04.00. Additional hour on various other days along similar lines to the Yates application. Which is drinking until 04.30 hrs and close at 05.00 hrs. Plus a round the clock application for New Years Eve time ...

Licensing application for Play Nightclub on the Council Website

Application

End of drinking at 03.30 hrs. Premises to close at 04.00. Additional hour on various other days along similar lines to the Yates application. Which is drinking until 04.30 hrs and close at 05.00 hrs. Plus a round the clock application for New Years Eve time ...

It's a nightclub so this all sounds acceptable to me.

The city centre needs clubs with later hours to attract locals and most importantly visitors. However this needs to be balanced with the right control measures that ensure the club is a safe place to be. Previously posters have sarcastically responded to this phrase. Its the law so it has to be done to be safe. The club and other nearby locations - including The Venue are within a designated area which has a high concentration of all types of licensed premises. So extra scrutiny is required to these applications. Its about promoting the licensing objectives and not undermining the policy covering this specific area. Also before its thrown back at me - the law is the law and it has to be adhered to. If you don't like it lobby your MP or local councillors or even stand for local election. I know the police will speak to applicants - as will the council - to offer advice. Look at the recent granted applications such as The Venue & Yates. Support your local businesses of all types.

Hi all,

As the manager of the venue in question I can confirm that I am having discussions with the Police Licensing Officer, the local town center Inspector and the Council Licensing officer who have so far all been very helpful in the application process.

As Bilbobobby has stated above - The Venue have changed their licence, as have Yates so its time for Play to extend as well.

The actual effect here is an additional 30 minutes of Liquor time and a further 30 minutes open to the public taking Play till 4am as opposed to 3.30.  

Its nice to see Bilbobobby mentioning about supporting local business - I too am very keen on this. Currently I am in partnership with John Jones from the Hereford BID, and in fact I am one of the two directors of the BID at the moment.

Im very keen to help Hereford day time and night time trade improve further for residents and visitors.

Hi all,

As the manager of the venue in question I can confirm that I am having discussions with the Police Licensing Officer, the local town center Inspector and the Council Licensing officer who have so far all been very helpful in the application process.

As Bilbobobby has stated above - The Venue have changed their licence, as have Yates so its time for Play to extend as well.

The actual effect here is an additional 30 minutes of Liquor time and a further 30 minutes open to the public taking Play till 4am as opposed to 3.30.  

Its nice to see Bilbobobby mentioning about supporting local business - I too am very keen on this. Currently I am in partnership with John Jones from the Hereford BID, and in fact I am one of the two directors of the BID at the moment.

Im very keen to help Hereford day time and night time trade improve further for residents and visitors.

Well said Dan and good luck with your application.

• 7 months later...

Look at the recent granted applications such as The Venue & Yates.

Yates are back up before the The Council tomorrow (04.11.15) for decision on their latest application. Which basically is a request for an extension of alcohol hours until 2AM with a closure time of 2.30AM. Fred Spriggs (Council) objecting. A fair few residents of Jacobs Court (flats above) seem to have got their heads' together as well. Several objections along the same lines of noise etc. Can't put a link up as the Council page is down at the moment .... 

Yates are back up before the The Council tomorrow (04.11.15) for decision on their latest application. Which basically is a request for an extension of alcohol hours until 2AM with a closure time of 2.30AM. Fred Spriggs (Council) objecting. A fair few residents of Jacobs Court (flats above) seem to have got their heads' together as well. Several objections along the same lines of noise etc. Can't put a link up as the Council page is down at the moment .... 

Makes you laugh Jacobs Court was built long after the pubs were there yet they complain! Have of Jacobs Court is empty!

Makes you laugh Jacobs Court was built long after the pubs were there yet they complain! Have of Jacobs Court is empty!

I think Jacobs Court is falling down. Judging by the permanent scaffolding. But people moved in knowing that there was a Pub underneath that at any given moment may apply to change it's opening hours' ..... I think it's 50/50 for this application!