Bill Wiggin campaign newsletter; aka the Hereford Times

gdj

I'm sure we've all been delighted by the deluge of positive stories about Bill Wiggin in the HT - and are grateful to Gary Bills-Geddes for the unquestioning way he reprints press releases from Bill's pr person.

Today's is particulary good.  Bill is seen with a poorly child and quoted:

Mr Wiggin said: “Charities are an essential part of the UK medical research environment and the science budget is vital to supporting their research.

“By funding the day-to-day running of science facilities, the next government will ensure that researchers can concentrate on finding the next life saving cure."

There is lovely photo too.  I don't know how to get it on here but the link is:

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/11783223.MP_backs_Government_funds_for_heart_research/

Ahh!

By chance, I happened upon this article from another local newspaper elsewhere in the country: The Worksop Guardian.

They too have an MP with a similar interest in helping the sick.  Their MP Kevin Barron is quoted:

Sir Kevin said: “Charities are an essential part of the UK medical research environment and the science budget is vital to supporting their research.â€

“By funding the day-to-day running of science facilities, the next government will ensure that researchers can concentrate on finding the next life saving cure. If we are to prevent and treat devastating conditions like cardiovascular disease, we need continued investment in pioneering research.â€

Sir Kevin is then photographed.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/news/local/dinnington-mp-s-quest-to-protect-live-saving-bhf-research-1-7096948

Great minds think alike. 

Arrgghh!  It's happening all over!

Verinda Sharma MP (Labour): “Charities are an essential part of the UK medical research environment and the science budget is vital to supporting their research.  â€œBy funding the day-to-day running of science facilities, the next government will ensure that researchers can concentrate on finding the next life saving cure.  â€œIf we are to prevent and treat devastating conditions like cardiovascular disease in places like Ealing Southall, we need continued investment in pioneering research and to guarantee the future of the science budget.†

Mid-Dorset and North Poole MP Annette Brooke:  Mrs Brooke said: “Charities are an essential part of the UK medical research environment and the science budget is vital to supporting their research.  â€œBy funding the day-to-day running of science facilities the next government will ensure that researchers can concentrate on finding the next life-saving cure.â€

Skipton and Ripon MP Julian Smith:  Julian said:  â€œCharities are an essential part of the UK medical research environment and I am proud that the Government has protected the science budget supporting their vital research.  â€œIf we are to prevent and treat devastating conditions like cardiovascular disease, we need continued investment in pioneering research and, for as long as I am in Parliament, that is something I will fight for.â€

I could go on...  These MP's....  Haven't got an original bone in their bodies...

Bloody hell! Bloody politicians. They're so disconnected with all of us. I'd like to see just how low they're prepared to reach. That'd be something to behold. I'd like that!

Let them cuddle up to a Leper. Let's see how many of them step forward for that little opportunity to get their face upon a newspaper page.

They'd be more than worthy of my vote if one of them agreed to cuddle up some poor soul riddled with Leperacy. Or Ebola! That's just as good. Let's see how keen they are to cozy up to someone displaying the full blown symptoms of the Ebola Virus. That'd make them think twice. That'd sort out the wheat from the chaff!

What a sorry state of affairs.... it's like politics by numbers.

And they wonder why the general public have such high levels of cynicism, and voter apathy is such a problem.

Such a great cause, overshadowed by politicians who don't appear to genuinely care about it. This mass "scripted" event, is quite frankly, disgusting.

Yer, terrible that the British Heart Foundation should want local MPs to help support their national campaign and to write a press release for them to support the BHF! Next we will find charities lobbying MPs for money!

Sorry guys could'nt resist it, on behalf of the British Heart Foundation, thanks for making a financial donation for research!

Hold on there Chris...

Nobody is criticizing the British Heart Foundation here, it's the lame, jump on the bandwagon, just realease the same generic press release that all the politicians are happy to trot out.

Seemingly (in their opinion at least) safe in the thought that only their constituents will ever see it.

Those days have gone though, haven't they?

They all just come across as being lazy now and doing anything to get themselves noticed in the run-up to an election...

Thanks Dippy.

Another thing...  Why, pray tell, are they happy to pose now?

Where were they last year for the last big charitable event?

Or the year before??

I'll have a guess...  They were tucked up safe out of the way, knowing that they could do as little for the population as they could get away with.

But this year?  Hmm, something important to them is happening in May, so they need to be seen to be "out there" and "caring for their constituents"

It's all a little bit sad if you ask me.

The thing is though, they'll, on the most part, get away with it!  Which is worse, because it makes us, the public, look like we're the stupid ones!