Countdown to General Election 7th May 2015

megilleland

I suppose it was the images of the IOC van and the UKIP truck that struck a chord...or maybe it was some points of political similarity.

By the way could someone form IOC tell me how their party is funded,  Cheers broke Mike

I suppose it was the images of the IOC van and the UKIP truck that struck a chord...or maybe it was some points of political similarity.

Th

By the way could someone form IOC tell me how their party is funded, Cheers broke Mike

The IOC is funded purely by local donations, not businesses' or corporations as one of the Independents stated in his election leaflet. Hope he enjoys the investigation 😊

What points of similarity? Please expand on this because there is nothing remotely like ukip that I know to.

By the way could someone form IOC tell me how their party is funded, Cheers broke Mike

Most of the candidates including myself have put money in the pot to pay towards printing and the running of the office. We are not supported or sponsored by big businesses or doners. And I'm pretty sure that both of our maximum expenditure on campaigning is identical. We do have a hidden talent with Jim who is excellent at making bus stop signs and chicken pens.

Can IOC please confirm that businesses are not donating to their funds as stated above.  As part of the Independent group  I have been told that a number of Hereford businesses and developers contribute.  I am not stirring but this is what we were told.

Also it is sad that I keep being told by residents that the IOC have told them that the IOC are Independents.  As far as I was aware the I in IOC stands for Its.  The IOC is a party with an emblem and should not be describing themselves as independent.  We should fight on real issues and not pretend to be what we are not.  The real enemy of this county is the party in blue - its a shame that the Independents and the IOC are fighting in each other in many wards.

Done my voting, too a while to think about who to vote for, Local was easy, IOC, the GE was not so easy, it was between UKIP and Greens, i know different sides of the spectrum, but it was better than voting for the big three.

The Greens won, not that it is going to make any difference.

Thanks Adrian.  

mikefitz,  we're mostly self funded.  I and my fellow candidates have contributed according to our means.  It's been run on a shoe string thanks mainly to John Harrington, Mark Lewis and Charlie Nicholls who have been manning the office and surviving on stress, caffeine and Werther's Originals for weeks. 

I think we do have one or two local benefactors but I've no idea to what extent or who they are, except that they are not corporate sponsors, not that that's entirely relevant : the point about donors is not that they donate but that they eventually expect something in return.  For that reason I think all donors should be identified but it's difficult:  some people would rather remain anonymous for all sorts of reasons other than that they expect to call in the favour at some future date.  

Amanda and Paul I am happy to publically apologise if its true the the IOC dont take donations from companies especially linked to property development.  I may have been misled by some members of our group.  I shall speak to them!

Adrian said on the Black Bin post t

" I admit I do not recycle, but being single I can get away with one black back a fortnight, sometimes two. I am paying more for less service, so they can stick their recycling where the sun don't shine."

And now has voted for the Green Party !

Appears a not thought through decision - I will , of course stand corrected .

mikefitz - I suppose, as any organisation grows in size, it becomes more difficult to repel borders against corruption and self interest but the thing that attracted me to It's Our County was the obvious decency and integrity of Anthony Powers, Liz Harvey, Mark Hubbard and everyone else I have met.

Although I would love to be able to buy up Herefordshire's neglected historic buildings (the fate of Hampton Dene House keeps me awake at night)  and have a property portfolio of accommodation to lovingly refurbish and rent out,  I am not interested in either money or power for their own sake.   I am personally unshmoozable and, from what I have seen so far, I believe this applies to the rest of the party too.