Hereford United! The pain ain't finished yet.

bobby47

And here we are! Our football club, Hereford United is gone and no matter what many say or even wish for, this 'old girl' ain't for returning anytime soon. Burdened by poor management, catastrophic decisions, bile and phlegm heaped upon all those who've played a part in its downfall, division amongst the supporters and a tragic tale of plotters and schemers desperate to lay their hands upon the promise of becoming wealthy once the leases were exploited, it's all gone. Done, dusted and now confined to the dusty shelves of football history and any further debate as to why, when, by whom and for what reasons is now a pointless excercise in futility. It's as pointless as some of the stuff I shovel out upon these pages and now is the time to look to the future.

And what of this future? Well, the new name looks like it'll be Hereford Football Club, where they play is highly uncertain and given that the Council must provide good value for money to the ratepayers, Id say that it's looking unlikely that Edgar Street will be its new home. The likely outcome will be that the Council will deliver up the leases to property developers who'll create social housing, commercial development associated with the plans to create a University and a patch of grass that'll allow some football to take place together with some other sporting activities.

Wherever the new Hereford Football Club play and no matter which division they manage to compete in there will be consequences and these consequences are not happy and sweet for the local amateur football community. For the likes of Westfields, Pegasus and Wellington they'll quickly realise that competing against Hereford Football Club, particularly if this Phoenix Club are playing at a similar level, ain't going to be a bag of sweet smelling roses. They'll be badly affected with the emergence of this new team.

These hitherto, we'll run local amateur teams will suddenly find that they are competing against an amateur giant. Yes! Giant ain't to stronger word to describe this new team. Supported by several hundred die hard supporters who's ten pound yearly subscriptions will ensure that money is not the immediate problem, they'll wipe the floor with all who stand before them.

Suddenly, the likes of Westfields and Pegasus will feel the strain. The local Well of players they've traditional gone to, to pick up good amateur players, will be being fished by Hereford Football Club and those kids who've got the golden opportunity to play for the mighty Hereford Football Club, play in front of perhaps a thousand fans and get more money in their back pockets are going to refuse the invitation from Westields and Pegasus and grasp the chance to be associated with the new local amateur giant.

Course, both Westfields and Pegasus will suddenly arrive at a crossroads of destiny. Do they compete with the new giant and raise the pay or do they simply sit back and watch.

What happens if Westfields and Pegasus make the decision to try and compete? Do they flourish and prosper or do they get themselves into financial difficulty, fold and end up playing in the lower reaches of the Herefordshire County leagues.

One things for certain, the new birth of this new giant is going to impact upon local football and it ain't going to be good for them. The only thing that I can see is unhappiness and the full impact of the death of Hereford United has yet to be fully appreciated by the local football community of Herefordshire.

Hereford Times have been reporting today that Andy Lonsdale is considering an appeal against the Winding Up order. He is currently unavailable for comment however. 

Link to latest story

His track record to date has been pretty miserable so don't hold your breath about this promised £1M investment miraculously appearing any time soon ...

Bobby - you make good points. "supping with the (Essex) devils" was perhaps dismissed without thinking the demise of the club through fully. How can a team at the same league level as Westfields justify financially the running of Edgar Street. I do hope they can.

The Council has to secure "best value" for the leases. That does not mean necessarily the best financial return but certainly a housing development would do that.

We will have to wait and see how many bids there are for the leases. Anyone who does bid should be in no doubt that their personal circumstances will be "interneted" in great detail by the Bulls Banter Mafia!!

One thing does seem certain though - I watched my first HUFC game at Edgar Street in 1965 and until any new club gets to a level that I feel comfortable with then I seriously doubt that I will darken the turnstiles again.

Anyone who does bid should be in no doubt that their personal circumstances will be "interneted" in great detail by the Bulls Banter Mafia!!

Good ... They are doing a good job in my opinion.

And another thing ...

B5j8KvTCIAIuYD5.jpg

That is someone's view of the owner of defunct HUFC ... They are certainly not on their own ... 

I hope that the proposed 'inquiry' gives the Essex devils the chance to say what the council had promised them before they bought the club from Keyte.  And also explains how Bretherton had the authority to act on behalf of the council in signing off on the leases.  Methinks that there are vested interests far removed from football trying to control information and what 'gets out'. 

Still, supporters can be reassured that Cllr Johnson is steering the ship now.

There are lots of negative & positive comments made about the new Hereford FC but I for one welcome the possibility of another successful club to support at Edgar Street. I hope the council do consider the option of football again & don't opt for even more housing!

If the new giants are as big in local football as presumed by many, then they won't stay at this level for too long & the likes of Peggy will reign again. As a local football coach I welcome the possible option for our local young talent to have chance of being part of any success story.

There are lots of negative & positive comments made about the new Hereford FC but I for one welcome the possibility of another successful club to support at Edgar Street. I hope the council do consider the option of football again & don't opt for even more housing!

If the new giants are as big in local football as presumed by many, then they won't stay at this level for too long & the likes of Peggy will reign again. As a local football coach I welcome the possible option for our local young talent to have chance of being part of any success story.

I think keeping football at Edgar Street would be good for the City. That is the long term gain as opposed to any short term gain that the Council would get from selling the leases for another use.

And what is it about a Football Club that draws the commercially successful to its bright light? They can't resist it can they! Like Moths to a flame there's no shortage of takers that are prepared to join in the belief that they, and only they are capable of delivering our Football Club to the promised land.

It's like some sort of strange disease. An infection if you like that draws the great and the good to rally to the flag and proclaim that they are our Messiah and they can deliver us all from our misery.

Stand up the latest prophet! No doubt, Mr John Hale is a good lad, who loves his Mam and helps old ladies across the road. He's been bitten by this disease. He's next up to ride the glory train. With a big fat expensive Havanna cigar in his mouth, a wide brimmed Fedora hat, wearing a brown Crombie and a dream that one day he will step off the first team coach to be met by howls of, 'hallelujah. John Hale walks on water. P.iss in my face and cure all my ills', he has decided that his ego needs sating and he is the one who will acquire what's left of our football club and ensure that our club will reach the old Vauxhall Conference before I hit bloody ninety and drop down dead because of Ricketts.

Yep! John Hale and Hereford Supporters Trust have decided that they are the chosen ones and anyone who claims otherwise gets slaughtered on Bulls Banter for heresy!

What a load of old bollo.cks! The whole thing is a bucket of sludge that sees commonsense, rational thinking and logic giving way to mass hysteria that now sees so called intelligent people celebrating the demise of Hereford United as being in some strange and odd way as a victory for the simple supporter who only ever wanted to watch a game, cheer on their team and shout, 'Hereford United till I die'.

Till I die, my right nut! Whipped up into a state of frenzy, egged on by HUST, John Hale, Chris Williams and Supporters Direct, we've now got no football team to support and this is some great achievement?

Go read Bulls Banter. Go read the intellectual thoughts of those who glory in the demise of our once mighty and legendary football club, once called Hereford United and then argue with me that they ain't simpleton idiots who've had their buttons pressed and have been socially engineered into bringing about the ruin of our football club.

Why? Because a bunch of fools decided amongst themselves that they wanted to run Hereford United and they, and only they knew what was best for our beloved Club.

It's all now gone and despite what the new prophets say, it ain't coming back anytime soon!

Im not really into football, but I get that having a club is good for the town to Unite behind.

Go read Bulls Banter. Go read the intellectual thoughts of those who glory in the demise of our once mighty and legendary football club, once called Hereford United and then argue with me that they ain't simpleton idiots who've had their buttons pressed and have been socially engineered into bringing about the ruin of our football club.
Why? Because a bunch of fools decided amongst themselves that they wanted to run Hereford United and they, and only they knew what was best for our beloved Club.
It's all now gone and despite what the new prophets say, it ain't coming back anytime soon!

The club fell into the hands of wronguns - just bad people - who historically have not had the best interests of local people for a local's football club. 

The club looks like it will be back fairly soon, with the interests of local people supporting it - and that is a good thing.

With regards to the Directors :

Nick Nenaditch put his own money in to keep it going and develop it - he is a good guy.

Keyte - my understanding is - good intentions, but not really a clue what he was doing in the world of football. Bad decisions with little money brought us to where we are.

Whilst bad decisions were made - they went made with malice