Bridge Street Drunk Driver Hit New Sign

sophie910

I work on the first floor of an office in Bridge Street. Heard a large crash at 4pm today and looked out of my office window. A guy had run over the brand new road sign at the top of Bridge Street.

How could he possibly do that?

Well, he pulled up right outside Bill Jackson estate agents, got out of his car and it was quite apparent he was drunk as he was struggling to stand. He staggered across the car to the sign and picked up the items which had fallen off his car from the crash.

Quite a few people came out of the offices near the top of Bridge Street, but even though it was OBVIOUS he was drunk, nobody stopped him pulling off and driving down St Nicholas Street!

Obviously I reported it to the police straight away, so I hope they caught him before he had another crash or hit any pedestrians!

My colleague took a photo of the car and emailed to West Mercia police. I hope the police van I heard coming past a few minutes later went straight to his home address and arrested him!

post-859-0-12541900-1398960618.jpg

My father lives close by to an elderly lady who drinks all day and uses her car.She came home one evening last week and was that drunk she crawled to her front door and took 10 mins to get through the door.He rang 101 and they were not interested in the slightest just told him that if he sees her driving the car again to ring them.

That flimsy keep left sign looks a bit pointless to me ... I haven't been down that part of town for a while but the pic seems to suggest that whoever designs all this stuff has been absorbed into the World of 'blue-sky thinking'. Maybe also to do with the fact that the Mayfair ends up there and it's less work to move the thing if required ... 

bridge_Street.jpg

The above pic is what it used to look like ...