Oval Flats Phase 3 Coming Down!

Colin James

Amazing photos, Colin.

How come you always seem to be in the right place, at the right time, to capture these moments???

Really good photographs, I was stood watching myself only yesterday, ended up watching for an hour. There is something addictive to watching the crunching machine slowly take this old building down pice by piece, there is certainly a bit of an art to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening, Dilligaf!

Welcome to Hereford Voice. Can you share with the group, this information???

Evening Dip!

I've been silent on here for too long. Cols badgering paid off eventually, but I still need to remain quiet a little longer... Need to do a bit more diggin!!

Dilligaf, Any information would be appreciated because I live in the area, in regard to construction work. I am wondering if you have the wrong area? simply because I was told although Herefordshire Housing Ltd (HHL) have last year modernised the 3 storey flats on Ross Road they are coming down in 5 years.

So the cats out of the bag! The toilets for starters. This will be once the creation of radford gardens has completed, instead of being inconjuction with!

Then theres the proposed new public service aka "the lines" which is gathering SERIOUS weight behind it. (There is limited construction access throughout the length tho- so even more traffic on the Hellmont Road!)

Then there was the water leak last week..... Nobody knew THAT supply was there plus another that was narrowly missed also.

Which begs to ask, what was there before the flats? GWR property? Farmland/ houses was farther up the road.

• 4 weeks later...

So the cats out of the bag! The toilets for starters. This will be once the creation of radford gardens has completed, instead of being inconjuction with!

Then theres the proposed new public service aka "the lines" which is gathering SERIOUS weight behind it. (There is limited construction access throughout the length tho- so even more traffic on the Hellmont Road!)

Then there was the water leak last week..... Nobody knew THAT supply was there plus another that was narrowly missed also.

Which begs to ask, what was there before the flats? GWR property? Farmland/ houses was farther up the road.

Good question, I am not sure, the flats have always been there as long as I can remember and I grew up in Redhill, overlooking the old lines from our house.

The GWW has been there long before my time but I think the track just ran through. I assume it was farm land but it will be interesting if anyone knows?

Southside has an interesting past. Hereford in general - my late grandfathers elderly friend (prob about 150+ now!!) swore blind Hereford was a Welsh single farm!

If I recall correctly, there were a few "unforeseen circumstances" during the development of southolme yarlington etc.

Noone really knows the lye of the land until something untoward happens.

I'm still proud to live here tho.