Joint Property Vehicle

Denise Lloyd

Another from Here for Hereford - a little bedtime reading - 

Here for Hereford retweeted

Joint Property Vehicle my right nut! What a bucket of sludge. Say what it is. Bloody buildings. For the love of God and all that's holy, how on earth have these idiots who communicate in this strange way been allowed to take root, germinate and flourish dominating all of our much cherished public services.

I mean, in anyone's clear thinking, the bloody definition of a vehicle is a mode of bloody transport that moves from one place to another and is propelled by a bloody engine, solid fuel of wind power. Id like to meet the tw.at who first came up with this idea that bloody buildings could reasonably be described as rotten vehicles jointly used by these beasts of burden that clearly include Hereford Housing and their deep need to hang onto the endless boll.ocks. I'd have no problem whatsoever in stabbing him in the eye socket with a soft leaded pencil. What a load of rubbish!

An arms length private limited company managing public assets - hmmm, haven't we been here before? Herefordshire Council's record of 'pioneering' schemes is dismal to put it kindly. In reality, a few people will make a lot of money out of this, new posts will be created, endless meetings will be held behind closed doors and the whole thing will be quietly rebranded and/or wound up in a few years times. The 'vehicle' will be the one delivering the swag to arms length directors.

Joint Property Vehicle my right nut! What a bucket of sludge. Say what it is. Bloody buildings. For the love of God and all that's holy, how on earth have these idiots who communicate in this strange way been allowed to take root, germinate and flourish dominating all of our much cherished public services.

I mean, in anyone's clear thinking, the bloody definition of a vehicle is a mode of bloody transport that moves from one place to another and is propelled by a bloody engine, solid fuel of wind power. Id like to meet the tw.at who first came up with this idea that bloody buildings could reasonably be described as rotten vehicles jointly used by these beasts of burden that clearly include Hereford Housing and their deep need to hang onto the endless boll.ocks. I'd have no problem whatsoever in stabbing him in the eye socket with a soft leaded pencil. What a load of rubbish!

This announcment has wound me up to the extent that I have brieifly researched (on google) what vehicle means in this context and i cannot find it. I therefore conclude they made this sh.it! probably up to sound clever.

http://www.theofficelife.com/business-jargon-dictionary-V.html

http://dictionaryofmanagementjargon.yolasite.com/#V

I plain english it sounds like they are proposing to privatise their buildings. British Telecom did this in the 90's when they got into financial difficultys after the .com boom/bust, A new company was created called Telereal to which BT sold all of its buildings and land after which they rented them back and this arrangement continues to this day.

This announcment has wound me up to the extent that I have brieifly researched (on google) what vehicle means in this context and i cannot find it. I therefore conclude they made this sh.it! probably up to sound clever.

http://www.theofficelife.com/business-jargon-dictionary-V.html

http://dictionaryofmanagementjargon.yolasite.com/#V

vehicle as used in medicine: a substance of no therapeutic value that is used to convey an active medicine for administration.

also a means of accomplishing a purpose:

also a medium for the expression, communication, or achievement of ideas, information, power,

The article says that HC has `opted in` to this thing.  Has there been any vote or business case presented or did Hughes and Bramer just like the sound of it.

It would make it much harder for the peasants to find out about and challenge dodgy plans for asset sales and, dare I say it, swaps between bodies represented on its board.- HC and HWFRS for example.  Some big, irreversible, decisions seems to be being made within 6 months of the next council elections.

• 1 month later...