Belmont lakes

lpusseycat

I took my dogs for a walk up to Belmont lake and was shocked to see they have removed the logs out of the water.Where are the ducks and the turtles suppose to sit now.They have removed all of them.Even the one the turtles used to sit on.Who ever did it do not know the lakes very well,as many children used to go up there to look at the turtles on the log. Also there are not as many ducks and the ones which were there have no where to sit.
And what is happening with the sewage it still smells and this has been a problem for a few years now is nothing being done.A couple of weeks ago one of my dogs paddled in the water.The next day she came out in a rash,so there must be something in the water.Did anyone see Country File last night, there could be the same thing in the lakes.So anyone with dogs or children BEWARE. :Angry:  And wash your hands after touching the water.I am going to contact the environment agency about the sewage as it should have been sorted out by now.

The lakes are for the community not just for the fishermen.The new commitee should think about what they are doing.

I got a reply from Jim Key the Countryside ranger he put:-

Onto the deadfalls in the pools their removal was due to a community group who believed they were doing the right thing for the pools by removing them and were perhaps a bit too enthusiastic and didn't consider all the ramifications as obviously there are others who hold a different view as with most things there are a least two sides to a coin. We are intending to try and return/replace some of the deadwood in the near future where practicable.

It will probbly be to late now, but worth a try

It will probbly be to late now, but worth a try

I have had members of the previous committee speaking to me over the last few days, one of which is my next door neighbour and like everyone else, including myself we are very annoyed with what has been done at the lakes. I have advised them to contact Rob Hemblade at the council, and I will be doing the same on Monday morning, also the South Wye Regeneration Board, who together with the City council and Belmont parish gave the money to buy the lakes.

I have had members of the previous committee speaking to me over the last few days, one of which is my next door neighbour and like everyone else, including myself we are very annoyed with what has been done at the lakes. I have advised them to contact Rob Hemblade at the council, and I will be doing the same on Monday morning, also the South Wye Regeneration Board, who together with the City council and Belmont parish gave the money to buy the lakes.

I already contacted Rob Hemblade

I am aware what Jim Key has said, but as Rob Hemblade is part of the management team, and I was asked to keep him informed in regard to the condition of the water and what flows into it, as well as any other things happening at the lakes etc, also I am the council representative on the South Wye Regeneration Board it is part of my duty to report back to him.

I am aware what Jim Key has said, but as Rob Hemblade is part of the management team, and I was asked to keep him informed in regard to the condition of the water and what flows into it, as well as any other things happening at the lakes etc, also I am the council representative on the South Wye Regeneration Board it is part of my duty to report back to him.

Rob Hemblade is the person I emailed and he got Jim Key to reply so he knows about what is happening at the lake. You will only get the same answer as I did.I also spoke to the Evirioment agency and they are dealing with the sewage problem and the condition of the water.I emailed them on Wed 28th and they all replyed by the Friday.It is easier sorting problems out yourself than getting other people to do it for you.Also Adrian Bridges has raised concerns about the lake with the Council. You are a few days late Glenda, things are being sorted out

Rob Hemblade is the person I emailed and he got Jim Key to reply so he knows about what is happening at the lake. You will only get the same answer as I did.I also spoke to the Evirioment agency and they are dealing with the sewage problem and the condition of the water.I emailed them on Wed 28th and they all replyed by the Friday.It is easier sorting problems out yourself than getting other people to do it for you.Also Adrian Bridges has raised concerns about the lake with the Council. You are a few days late Glenda, things are being sorted out

I am not surprised that Jim wrote back because Rob is on holiday until tomorrow, that is why I said I get in touch tomorrow. I may get the same answer, there again maybe not. I also spoke to the environment agency officer back in June/July about the smell in the lakes, they told me that they did not think it was sewage, although I said it was, they went up to the lakes and said the polution levels were at the accepted level but they would make random checks at the lake which I know they have!

I had a wonder around the pools over the weekend, the larger pool has a pipe coming into it, and I have to admit it does suspiciously look like serwage to be honest, smell was not pleasant either. Only a few metres from the road on the left side, walk thru the tree's and the pipe is there on the left. I wish I had taken a picture now.

I am totally confused as to why Jim Key does not seem to know the source? We all know it is serwage! Councillor Powell is also aware and so is Rob Hemblade. This was partially addressed in this topic July 2010 over a year ago in an email from Mark Schoffer to Rob Hemblade

Having received the email and photo's above from Mr Schoffer asking me to put this on the website, I rang Rob Hemblade for an explanation, he advised me that

the outflow is coming from cottages above the pools who have a septic tank in land currently under the ownership of Persimmon homes.

Here is the culprit

A steady volume of sewage entering the pond.jpg

I am totally confused as to why Jim Key does not seem to know the source? We all know it is serwage! Councillor Powell is also aware and so is Rob Hemblade. This was partially addressed in this topic July 2010 over a year ago in an email from Mark Schoffer to Rob Hemblade

Here is the culprit

When i spoke to the Environment Agency last week they said they have put a dye into where they think it is coming from and they have to wait a week to see if it comes into the lake.I will ring them again this week to find out what the results were.

Here is the culprit

When I contacted the officer (james Blissett) last year in response to Mr Schoffer email as Colin has said it was found that the sewage was coming from an over full septic tank, when it was emptied the tank was also found to have a leak so it was replaced. I also called in the Environment Agency who contacted Persimmon who owned the field a soakway was installed. I ask that the area of the lakes be watched for any further evidence, and this has been carried out periodicly every few months. As I advised in a recent post here I called the Environment Agency out again because there was a flow of foul smelling liguid coming out of the pipe and the answer I received was 'it was at an acceptable level' but they would continue to monitor the lakes. I am also surprised that Mr key doesn't know the source from where the sewage is coming from as it enters the pipe.

What happened its 5 days have they replied.

Here is the culprit

I remember that, does it takes over a year to check 6 houses, only if its Hereford Council. Please keep fighting it Colin as it stinks in the warm weather. :Thumbs-Up:

When I contacted the officer (james Blissett) last year in response to Mr Schoffer email as Colin has said it was found that the sewage was coming from an over full septic tank, when it was emptied the tank was also found to have a leak so it was replaced. I also called in the Environment Agency who contacted Persimmon who owned the field a soakway was installed. I ask that the area of the lakes be watched for any further evidence, and this has been carried out periodicly every few months. As I advised in a recent post here I called the Environment Agency out again because there was a flow of foul smelling liguid coming out of the pipe and the answer I received was 'it was at an acceptable level' but they would continue to monitor the lakes. I am also surprised that Mr key doesn't know the source from where the sewage is coming from as it enters the pipe.

Just to put things in perspective the sewage is coming from the old property on the other side of the road in Haywood Lane, and not from the two old cottages. This was the information I got from the contractor. I did pass this information on to the fishermen who were going to tell Mr Hemblade.