atm63

Orthodox Jewish community at Hfd Blind College

May be a silly question but have noticed a large influx of Orthodox Jews are staying at Hereford Blind College accommodation blocks (The Point) . Just wondered is there a big event in the area ? 

I noticed a family shopping in Asda last week. Also about 20 or so, walking as a large group, crossing Barrs Court Road by the Co-Op at the weekend.

Haven't a clue what event is happening! 

They have been back in Hereford for the past week. Usual venue. Point 4. 

I was in Churchill Gardens today and saw and heard a large extended type family walking past in normal Orthodox attire. Various ages from about 4 years to 50. About 10 or 12 people in total. It was a quite surreal experience. They were all in their own 'bubble'. All talking to each other in, what I assume, was a Jewish dialect. Obviously connected to the gathering at Point 4. I immediately wondered to myself about where they all usually live. 

Edited by Roger

All I know they are quite insular, religious and have modesty codes which sometimes makes them appear standoffish , but I hope they are welcomed.    I think you mean Hebrew when you say "Jewish dialect!!

• Thumbs Down 1

On 11/08/2018 at 09:42, stephen said:

All I know they are quite insular, religious and have modesty codes which sometimes makes them appear standoffish , but I hope they are welcomed.    I think you mean Hebrew when you say "Jewish dialect!!

Nope. I didn't mean 'Hebrew'. Otherwise I would have said so. There are several variations of the languages they use and as I don't know the differences then I tried to be non specific in my observation. 

Edited by Roger
  • Thumbs Up 2

I know Nuffin but wondering if the college are trying to make money ( for the Blind College ) during the summer holidays and holding Courses etc there ?