Suspected Murder In Ryeland Street Hereford

Colin James

Colin, I was just there, Policeman I spoke to more or less told me a body of a man had been found in a house in suspicious circumstances SOCO are there now as far as I know.

Thanks Bill, my mate lives in the street so I will call him and see if he knows anymore.

Police Investigate Unexplained Death - Ryelands Street, Hereford

Police in Hereford are investigating an unexplained death after the body of a man was found at an address on Ryelands Street earlier today (Saturday, 3 August).

Officers were called to the property at around 5.30pm, following a report of an assault.

The ambulance service also attended the address but the man – who is believed to be in his 40s – was pronounced dead at the scene.

The area is currently cordoned off while detectives and forensic officers investigate

Detective Inspector Dave Williams said: “Our investigation is at an early stage and at this time we do not how the man died.

“However, what I can say is that a man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody at Hereford police station.

“We are carrying out house-to-house enquiries in the local area and Police Community Support Officers will also be on hand to provide reassurance to the community.

“Anyone with information relating to this death, or activity at the address on Ryelands Street, is asked to contact us on 101.

“Alternatively, please remember that information can also be left anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you would rather not get directly involved yourself.”

Scenes Of Crimes Officers At Top Oval Flat In Connection With Ryeland Street Murder. A suspect being held at Hereford Police Station is a man in is 30's with bold head with tattoos on both his neck and head. It is believed that the flat at the Oval is a friend of the suspect

soco1.jpg

soco2.jpg

soco3.jpg

Rumour has it that the man who died was known as Taff? but this is only rumour.

Follow up in the Hereford Times and nice to see they used my pictures and gave us credit.

The Hereford Times understands that the people involved in the unexplained death in Whitecross, Hereford, are white British.

Many commentators on social media forums have stated that those arrested were from eastern Europe.

However, the Hereford Times understands that this is not true.

The police have confirmed that the man who died in Ryelands Street on Saturday evening was from the Hereford area.

Six people - four men and two women - are currently in custody in connection with the man’s death.

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender while the others have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

I have heard (Rumour) that the murdered man was locally named as Steve Paynter and that the suspect being held is a guy from Newton Farm named Stacy Hales also know as Busby.

Apparently the scene of the murder was quite a gruesome one by all accounts and I have heard it was witnessed by a 12 year old lad too.

THREE men have been charged with murder in connection with a death in Hereford.

Even though he has not been formally identified, police have confirmed that the deceased is believed to be Steven Paynter, aged 46.

He was found at his home address in Ryelands Street, Whitecross, at 5.30pm on Saturday after police responded to a report of an assault.

A total of six people - four men and two women - were arrested over the weekend in connection with Mr Paynter's death.

Three people from the city have now been charged with murder.

They are Stacy Hales, aged 35, of Belmont Road, Stephen Munn, aged 20, of Golden Post, and Mark Edwards, aged 22, of Prior Street.

All three people have been remanded in custody and are due before Hereford Magistrates Court tomorrow morning.

A woman has also been charged with assisting an offender.

She is Kim Horry, aged 20, of Ryelands Street (a different address to the deceased) and has been bailed to appear before Hereford Magistrates Court at a later date.

A man in his 40s and a woman in her 20s, who were arrested on Sunday on suspicion of assisting an offender, have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

Detective Inspector Dave Williams said: “The coroner has been informed of Mr Paynter’s death and an inquest will be opened in due course, once formal identification has taken place.

“I'd like to thank all those people who have come forward with information about Mr Paynter’s death and I'd also like to thank local people for their understanding and patience as officers have gone about their investigative work in Hereford over the past few days.

“I'd also like to remind people that anyone who believes they may still have information about his death can contact us on 101.”