Hereford Bull statue is 8 years old this month

Hereford Voice

The 1.6m (5.2 ft) high bronze statue was sculptured by Brian Alabaster and was funded by a benefactor called Clive Richards as a "thank you to the city".

bronze-bull-in-hereford_med-2.jpeg.88da1a502f65eda5c4e96552b19197bf.jpeg

The city's mayor Councillor Brian Wilcox said of the statue when it was unveiled in July 2012

"Every measurement has been checked and tested. It's an exact replica of a Hereford bull and it's brilliant"

Brian Alabaster was awarded the commission for a life size Hereford bull for Hereford City centre and he said;

I modeled the bull from life using a modern working bull on a local farm as inspiration. This involved a fully hands on relationship with the bull and many weeks getting to know him in detail.

I said at the time that I felt the bull should of been put into the OLD MARKET  shopping area, as it represents the cattle market and I still feel the same. I am surprised it still in High Town over the years it was been climbed on by adults  at one time it had red paint poured over it.

On 09/07/2020 at 23:09, Glenda Powell said:

I said at the time that I felt the bull should of been put into the OLD MARKET  shopping area, as it represents the cattle market and I still feel the same. I am surprised it still in High Town over the years it was been climbed on by adults  at one time it had red paint poured over it.

It was put in High Town way before the Old Market was built Glenda & I also remenber you saying it looked like a Spanish Bull too :Winky:

• Like 1