B4224 Fownhope Road Update

Hereford Voice

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, twowheelsgood said:

It beggars belief that we now learn the cost for this minor repair is £2.65m - is any of BBLP's work independently audited and if not why not? Are we really getting 'best value'? 

I agree, I mean where the hell do they get the figure of £2.65m, that is a massive amount of money

Agreed. But if they are claiming the money back under the Bellwin Scheme then presumably they ramp it up to how much they think they can get away with. That said it still comes out of our pockets. And nobody is ever held to account for lack of maintenance which perhaps contributed to the issue in the first place

• 3 weeks later...

The money isn't coming from Bellwin because it didn't flood and it's not coming from Government because Mr Wiggin didn't follow through on his promise. It's coming directly from our pockets. I looked at the site last week - it's all tarmaced and finished but the road is still closed because there are now ground investigation works 100m up the road - get's what's coming next ...

6 hours ago, twowheelsgood said:

The money isn't coming from Bellwin because it didn't flood and it's not coming from Government because Mr Wiggin didn't follow through on his promise. It's coming directly from our pockets. I looked at the site last week - it's all tarmaced and finished but the road is still closed because there are now ground investigation works 100m up the road - get's what's coming next ...

They found some serious cracks in two walls after being inspected.Both walls are being taken down and rebuilt.....Probably at a cost of a million knowing BBLP.:Hmm:

• 1 month later...

Just had a look on: https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/roads-1/roadworks

Its saying that the B4224 is going to be closed until the end of December, now! Seriously!?

I think its time an inquiry was started to look at what the hell is taking so long and why is it costing so much. If it was going to cost £2.65m to open in September, how much more are they going to rape the public coffers to open in December!?

On 30/09/2020 at 10:34, NastyNick said:

Just had a look on: https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/roads-1/roadworks

Its saying that the B4224 is going to be closed until the end of December, now! Seriously!?

I think its time an inquiry was started to look at what the hell is taking so long and why is it costing so much. If it was going to cost £2.65m to open in September, how much more are they going to rape the public coffers to open in December!?

Well its a Balfor Beatty job.If its anything like the line painting gang down Widemarsh Street yesterday then no wonder its taking an eternity to finish the work.

One guy painting the lines while four others watched him painting.