Hereford Times Offline

Mick

I notice that the Hereford Times website if offline yet again, it has been down for several hours. It was offline a few weeks ago too, very odd, you would think a website like that would be more rigid and reliable

• Smile 1

• 3 months later...

My Hereford Times 'comment' ability has been 'banned' on their website. I only noticed today but my 'banned' status may have been activated at any point in the last couple of weeks or so. I did explore the ban with the HT Editor. In fairness he was decent and replied. It was quite evident he had never banned me himself. He did explore the HT 'trash can' and quoted 3 comments from my recent history which he describes as 'offensive and unreasonable'. I never asked for the ban to be lifted. But he said it would stay in place 'for now'. .......... Obviously Mr. Wilson has to maintain the ban to back his co-worker decision. Or lift it and undermine his organisation decision. 

My 'questionable' quoted posts' [in the email reply] were generally taking a pop at the poor quality journalism at the HT. I'm not aware that they broke the 'house rules''. But the HT has become incredibly sensitive to criticism of it content. Which we all know is at a very low level. The HT seems more sensitive to criticism than Donald Trump! 

My 'questionable' quoted posts' [in the email reply] were generally taking a pop at the poor quality journalism at the HT. I'm not aware that they broke the 'house rules''. But the HT has become incredibly sensitive to criticism of it content. Which we all know is at a very low level. The HT seems more sensitive to criticism than Donald Trump! 

It's the way it is going with all the Mainstream Media. Fill your minds with rubbish, celebrity gossip and scare stories. No decent investigative journalism. Everything we read or look at will be decided by government to "protect us".

Defend Media Freedom event has banned Russia Today and Sputnik from attending… Media freedom allowed so long as you don’t ask any questions.

Proposed Government white paper on Internet Censorship Policy. Follow the video to grasp the consequences of what the government will allow you to say.

11 hours ago, megilleland said:

It's the way it is going with all the Mainstream Media. Fill your minds with rubbish, celebrity gossip and scare stories. No decent investigative journalism. Everything we read or look at will be decided by government to "protect us".

Defend Media Freedom event has banned Russia Today and Sputnik from attending… Media freedom allowed so long as you don’t ask any questions.

Proposed Government white paper on Internet Censorship Policy. Follow the video to grasp the consequences of what the government will allow you to say.

RT (formerly Russia Today) is Putin propaganda for consumption outside Russia. It is financed by the Russian Govt. In case anyone has forgotten ..... Russia carried out a nerve agent murder in Salisbury fairly recently. A reason to take the poisonous RT Channel off air I would have thought! 

Smile Roger your on Candid Camera:

Automated facial recognition trials backed by home secretary

Home Secretary Sajid Javid has given his backing to the police in their trials of facial recognition cameras.

Police facial recognition cameras have been trialled at events such as football matches, festivals and parades.

High-definition cameras detect faces and compare them with existing police photographs, such as mugshots from previous arrests.

The technology, which cost £1.76m, aims to improve the capability of the Child Abuse Image Database, which holds millions of images.

It can take 24 hours for police to search through a computer hard drive to see if it contains indecent images.

Using new technology, which is being rolled out to police across the UK, the analysis will take 30 minutes.

A system is also being made available to reduce the time investigators have to spend assessing the severity of abuse footage.

Mr Javid described the techniques as "game changing", saying they would help bring perpetrators to justice and protect victims.

The government won't be using this technology just for child abuse which they failed dismally to uncover over previous years. They will be using this for promoting for their own agendas. Coupled with 5G everything you do will be under surveillance when you leave the house. Oh I forgot, Alexa is also listening to you and your smart TV is watching you in your living room. Won't be long before the robocops are on the street herding you on your way. 

Dubai police debut world's first 'Robocop' and this was 2 years ago wonder where they are at now.