Historic Hereford Pub To Be Back Open Soon

Glenda Powell

HEREFORD TIMES 12 MINUTES AGO.

One of Hereford's oldest pubs will be back open before Christmas.
The Booth Hall closed shortly after the High Town blaze 5 years ago, access from St Peter's Square was closed off after the fire which impacted on the pubs trade.
However, a statement posted on Facebook this weekend states the pub will be back open on December 18. The post explains that the historic pub will focus on live music and entertainment when it reopens.

The Booth Hall in central Hereford will be reopening with the aim of bringing music, circus, comedy and any number of other things to Hereford beneath it's 14th Century hammer beam roof! For this opening weekend you will find on the 18th music from Becki Cameron and Phoenix, there will also be stunning circus performance which will take place above you heads.

Onthe 19th we have music from Lou Richardson and Faultline, again there will be wonderful circus performance to look forward to.

We are going to make enertainment a regular thing at The Booth Hall so please drop in and keep checking the facebook page. We hope to see you forour opening weekend!

More on their FaceBook Page

I wonder if they will re-open the passage? 

Yeah ... I was wondering that .... A critical element I would have thought ..... But the bomb site/hoardings won't be gone in 2 weeks so fairly irrelevant I think. I won't be going until all that fire damage has disappeared. I can go to millions of better places (not next to a burnt out shell) to spend the little cash I have.

The Hereford Times report is slightly misleading. It's not been shut for five years - the Numbers pub co were operating it until relatively recently. I think it's them who've had their trade affected by the fire damage. As  I recall the pub was originally shut subsequent to an allegation of a sexual offence by the landlord.

Not how I remember it. Not googled it but fire/smoke ingressed into the building on 21/10/10 ..... Spotted by a passer by ..... 

I had not heard about any allegation of a sexual offence by the landlord either? I thought it closed because of the fire.

• 1 month later...