Crimewatch Filming In Hereford

Colin James

crimewatch.jpg

The BBC's Crimewatch outside broadcast team were filming in Hereford today. They filmed along the GWW and various locations throughout SouthWye. I assume this is to broadcast an appeal into the murder of Christian Bagley, 30, who was found with stab wounds to his arm and back at 22:50 BST on 21 June and later died in hospital.

I can't help but think that Hereford Voice has become the new HT.  It is picking up on far more news worthy items than the HT but give HT a couple of days and they will have cribbed off HV.

Thank you for your kind words Denise. I work full time, so I publish local stories as and when I can. Other than that I think we would be even more on the ball.

• 1 month later...

A REWARD of up to £10,000 is being offered in the hunt for the killer of Hereford dad, Christian Bagley, as police appeal for information on Crimewatch tonight. 

The 30-year-old died on June 21 this year in Hereford after he was stabbed in the back and arm.

He was returning home after visiting his two-year-old daughter on Father's Day and was attacked as he walked under the Hunderton Bridge between 10.40pm and 10.50pm.

The circumstances surrounding his death will be featured on Crimewatch tonight at 9pm on BBC1. His killer is yet to be found.

Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Leighton Harding said: We are offering this reward to encourage people to come forward with information to help us identify those responsible for Christian's death.

Christian's life ended in the most violent of circumstances and his family have suffered an unbearable loss. Their pain is prolonged and they will continue to suffer while those responsible continue their lives.

We firmly believe that someone has information which could lead us to those responsible for Christian's death but has not yet come forward. "My appeal to them is to think about the impact Christian's murder has had on his family, in particular his young daughter who faces a life without her father, and to do the right thing by contacting us.

If you have any information it is imperative you come forward to police and allow Christian's family the justice they deserve.

Mr Bagley tried to raise the alarm but suffered significant blood loss before collapsing in Rogers Avenue.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Crimewatch incident room on 0800 0560944 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or go to www.crimestoppers-uk.org