Who's driving this Joint Property Vehicle (JPV)

megilleland

Report here about Herefordshire Council considering the proposals for a joint property vehicle (JPV) with Worcestershire and the alternative options for commissioning of property services.

Part of the government's instruction for regionalism of services and management of key services.

Strangely the council appear to be wary of it, although there is mention of putting in place a partnership agreement with a private sector partner while retaining an intelligent client/strategic asset management capability within the council.

Is that a call for the return of a Hereford Futures type organisation?

You see it's Sunday night...I'm rested, had a read and taken my last cuppa of the day but that little devil that occasionally torments my mind dares me to place a reply to this topic. You see I'm in a good place so I don't want to change my mindset so won't tap "report here about".

Please Please...Joint Property Vehicle...what the Canasta is this all about. You see I'm not the big shiny white knight Sir Whats-his-Stig living in Arundel Castle whose english, grammar and general use of the dictionary are as extensive as the grounds outside the moat. No I'm more a Robin Hood kind of Knight that found an old suit covered in moss some years back whilst metal detecting near Glastonbury.

So if anyone out there can help this rusty old chap please reply...be as brutal as you like though the lack of response to the post speaks volumes. Have a good week.

Evening Green Knight!

Like you, I have had a lovely weekend, I now have a glass of red in my hand, a warm hot water bottle tucked up next to me and am feeling content.

Earlier though, I did press the "report here about "button......I got as far as reading alternative options......estimated costs to Herefordshire £43.8 million.....and I could feel my blood pressure rising.

I chickened out. I could read no more. I admitted defeat. I opened the wine.

I will return to it when I have more reserves, and am slightly less tipsy!

Strangely the council appear to be wary of it, although there is mention of putting in place a partnership agreement with a private sector partner while retaining an intelligent client/strategic asset management capability within the council.

Is that a call for the return of a Hereford Futures type organisation?

Who can say - it's public service speak, meaningless to the great unwashed. Yes, the recommendation is not to proceed - having read the business case, that is an obvious conclusion. I suspect the only ones to really benefit will be 'Innovation Central Ltd' who are only mentioned once in passing in the report but appear to be driving the change.

They say 'Innovation Central was established to prove that core beliefs and a passion for performance can and does drive a successful business.' Ha, that’s one for bobby47!!