What would you do to protect that 90k salary!

flamboyant

Hi all

I have a question...

What would you do to protect a 90 thousand pound a year salary?

Would you for example-

Embark on a path of wrong doing, that could effect your wife, husband or children?

Lie to someone who was vulnerable?

Break the law?

Put vulnerable children at risk?

How low would you sink for 90 k a year?

Evil flourishes when good men do nothing...

I'm really interested to know if their really are any good men out there?

Interesting one, Flam!

I have never, nor am ever likely, to earn 90k a year. I earn considerably less than that, so can only answer from my own perspective!

No, no, no and no again in response to your questions!

In fact, I can say hand on heart, that if ever I was put in a position where I had to even consider doing any of the things on that list, I would be writing a letter of resignation, and shouting the reasons why from the top of the multi storey car park, to anyone who would listen!

Well - Once upon a time - I earnt a fair bit more - however things went wrong for me.

To answer your questions below : 

What would you do to protect a 90 thousand pound a year salary? - A fair bit!

Embark on a path of wrong doing, that could effect your wife, husband or children? - I guess I did.
Lie to someone who was vulnerable? - No.
Break the law? - Yes. I break the law EVERY DAY!!! I have a heavy right foot and sometimes go over 30mph when I shouldnt. 
Put vulnerable children at risk? - No. 

How low would you sink for 90 k a year? - erm - low enough to realise that I had to fall on my sword, but nothing too drastic

I'm really interested to know if their really are any good men out there?

Yes there are - but in my case - I tried for a while to keep it going, but realised that I was in a no win situation and left - with a compromise.

This was private business by the way - where I had done very well for the company I worked for - for a long period of time. Got into trouble - but did try to find away out.

I can clarify - I did not put others at risk at all - but I may have "ducked and dived" a bit.

I would suggest most people would.

Your honesty makes for a refreshing read, Stupid Frustration!

I can but dream of what it would be like to earn that sort of money, maybe when folks earn less, they are more likely to take the view, "Jesus! They don't pay me enough to put up with this sort of crap!" So aren't/haven't been put in that position.

Many moons ago, when I was juggling three jobs, I did work somewhere where I was extremely unhappy at some of the working practises, and staffing levels. I left, reported my concerns, and was told by staff that remained that things did improve significantly.

It was a very low paid job, taken to fit in around other work commitments, and financially necessary at the time. But even so, I couldn't turn a blind eye, or view it as somebody else's problem!

Once you've discovered something, it's nigh on impossible to pretend it isn't there - well, for me anyway!

But I am a very meddlesome individual!!

I agree with you Dip, I would also run for the door.

Some people will do anything for money I used to think it was for power but it's not it is all about the money. People don't have the same moral code they had years ago, I was in an argument with a friend and he said if someone offered me 90k to tell a lie that could cause someone some grief I would do it. I would like to think I wouldn't but no one is ever likely to offer me that sort of money so I will never know if I have still have the moral code.

He also said that he would do it without a second thought and I believe he would and he is the nicest man you could meet! Just shows you, you never really know someone!

Believe hand on heart that all my answers would be No..............but wondering what I would do in that position - I will never know .

I think that I am a loyal honest person , OK some 11 years ago I received three penalty points for speeding on a elevated section of road in Newport S Wales , 36 in a 30' . So , yes I have broken the law . Was a bit p off with the location of the speed Camera as well.

When I saw the post that Flam put up was wondering if they had a person / incident in mind . Note also the reference to men ......

It reminds me of that old dilemma, would you sleep with a stranger for a million quid??

Yes I would!

But.....this would only really effect me, and have no impact on other folks.

"But what about your long suffering other half?" I hear you cry......trust me, for a million quid and the chance to retire, they would be all for it!

And if the boot was on the other foot, and it was my other half who was offered this once in a lifetime chance? Believe me, I could live with it.......and in the nicest possible way, it would all be over in a matter of minutes! (I jest of course!)

And if the boot was on the other foot, and it was my other half who was offered this once in a lifetime chance? Believe me, I could live with it.......and in the nicest possible way, it would all be over in a matter of minutes! (I jest of course!)

DipplyHippy - are you female? Ive never considered that you were female till this post? 

For the last 30 years in the various posts I have held with different companies I have had to lie lie lie which is probably why I despise fibbers now.  The thing is if you are not prepared to do the things expected of you there is always somebody waiting in the background to do it.

Funny you should mention the would you sleep with ................. scenario when I was with one particular company my workmates and I would quite often ask each this question and the answer was nah.  We did have some morals.

I may be dim, but the only post that I know about in Herefordshire council worth £90,000 was that of the new Head of Legal Services who first gained access via the Wirral Gray Train and then went south and upgraded himself to a new (governance) post in Hereford.    

I trust this is not what we are talking about. Or are we? 

Flamboyant explain yourself please.  

Growl tiger I wasn't aware the Council Solicitor earned 90k I thought it was 78k

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/media/7696820/salaries_1012014.pdf

A friend picked the figure, I never asked

Dippy I always said you were a bit effeminate! Hilarious!

I would undress my other half and serve them up on a plate for a million!

That film was kinda my point though, the ramifications of someone's actions can be far reaching!

Growl tiger I wasn't aware the Council Solicitor earned 90k I thought it was 78k

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/media/7696820/salaries_1012014.pdf

A friend picked the figure, I never asked

Dippy I always said you were a bit effeminate! Hilarious!

I would undress my other half and serve them up on a plate for a million!

That film was kinda my point though, the ramifications of someone's actions can be far reaching!

That list of senior management salaries was as at 1 January 2014 -  with the constant shuffling of chairs I have no doubt some have risen already and most will rise again in the new year.