Travellers Caravans !!

Ubique

At least 6 large Caravans with their towing vehicles have set up camp on Widemarsh Common

The Common on a weekend is full of young children playing a football match or being trained . It appears that due to these travellers the weekend will be spoilt for a large number of children and their parents .thats a great pity because it's right and proper that children of all ages need to be participating in sport.

Saw this story on the HT website obviously ...

Gypsy_2.jpg

They need to go ... Not wanted in that location ... Rude gesture by them and taking the pi*% in my book ...

I am as equally annoyed at the HT for not allowing comments on the news item ... 

Worcester News has a similar item which allows comments ... 

There is a general randomness about comments being allowed, or not, on articles on the HT ... What is the bloke drafted in from the Kidderminster Shuttle doing ? He's the Editor ... He should sort that paper's website out I think ... We also had the seagull story today that appeared and disappeared ... What is going on? 

Agreed, this is not the most appropriate place to pull up.

If they are in need of a temporary base, might I suggest the large plot of council owned land at the top of Plough Lane? A location like this would surely be better?

Would it not make sense to have an area set aside for travellers to pitch up on a temporary basis?

This is always going to be a hugely emotive issue, especially given recent events, so if we are to have a discussion, can I make a plea to keep it calm and rational??

As you'll have seen, the travellers moved off on a Friday night without any fuss. This followed a meeting on Friday evening when the police, env health and the Chairman of the Lads Club warned them of the problems that might literally kick up when footballers arrive to play their matches over the weekend. Although the Council had already served notice for them to leave by Monday, officers implored them to leave earlier to keep the peace. In fairness, the travellers seem to have taken note on this occasion. We do not know where they moved to, although they are a traveller family well known to us and often return to Hereford.

I am making a point to put pressure on to get the wooden fence repaired around the common ASAP, to prevent any re occupation of this high profile site. Hope this keeps all in the picture.

As you'll have seen, the travellers moved off on a Friday night without any fuss. This followed a meeting on Friday evening when the police, env health and the Chairman of the Lads Club warned them of the problems that might literally kick up when footballers arrive to play their matches over the weekend. Although the Council had already served notice for them to leave by Monday, officers implored them to leave earlier to keep the peace. In fairness, the travellers seem to have taken note on this occasion. We do not know where they moved to, although they are a traveller family well known to us and often return to Hereford.

I am making a point to put pressure on to get the wooden fence repaired around the common ASAP, to prevent any re occupation of this high profile site. Hope this keeps all in the picture.

Thanks for the update and this seems decent local pressure resolved this incursion ... But can they not just drive up and park up on the front lawn of Moor House if they wanted?