TORBAY - Child Sex Abuse Claims

WirralPC

For the sake of victims and the peace of mind of all the Torbay public servants, I hope it's all recent stuff rather than historical. Mind, if it becomes historical then I guess we'll all become extremely interested in past serving Officers who perhaps left Torbay and gained employment elsewhere.

Now I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory involving our beloved council managers but I think this story is over 3 years old and a 19 year old was arrested.  Nothing widespread like Rotherham etc and no cover ups. 

Still, I suppose we can speculate on why one of Hereford's council directors spent a week working in Torquay in 2012.

Watch this space! You may be surprised. Questions may be asked!. So what makes you think Herefordshire is different to anywhere else? Rotherham, is just the name of a place, the issues can be found any where you care to mention, from any family?

Some of us have been on the case for years but not listen too. Was it your partner, parent, son/daughter,sibling who did not listen to our concerns? We can discuss this when we find out.

When I first became a councillor and had to go to County Hall in Worcester, to take my oath

, afterwards the lawyer who heard me take my oath, had some small talk and told me that when in private practice in Leominster, he had to defend a family whose Grandfather, in front of the rest of the family, took the virginity of the daughter when she showed signs of pubity ! I have no reason to believe that this practice does not continue somewhere in the county today.

It happens in Herefordshire,. Every school governor who gets involved with everyday problems at school, knows child abuse is going on in some form. It worries me that revaluations may be too shocking for some people. And what if we have to arrest your relative, but if they knew but did not act on it, as a council employee, I would want their pension, their liberty and signing the sex offenders list. Think on it! There may be revelations to come. Sleep well.

More than 500 child abuse allegations in nine months

By This is Devon | Posted: April 30, 2011

POLICE investigated more than 500 allegations of child abuse in Torbay in nine months according to new figures.

Torbay police's dedicated Child Abuse Investigation Unit examined more than one allegation of child abuse every single day for nine consecutive months the figures obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show.

The figures, which police would only release under the Act, show that between April 21 last year and January 31, police received 517 reports of child abuse.

These included 205 incidents of alleged physical abuse, 136 incidents of sexual abuse and 164 cases of neglect.

Police used Police Protection Orders to ensure the safety of a child in dire straits on two occasions.

However only 20 of the total 517 allegations were eventually recorded as crimes.

Read more: http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/500-child-abuse-allegations-months/story-11687022-detail/story.html#ixzz3CROlJ2QD

Follow us: @TQHeraldExpress on Twitter | theheraldexpress on Facebook

Yes. You can read that in two ways.

"497 allegations weren't crimes in the first place."

"The majority of allegations potentially WERE crimes, but the police are under massive pressure to "manage" their workload down due to cuts or dishonesty / mendacious behaviour / pressure brought to bear by senior staff."

I'd suggest the latter.

"497 allegations weren't crimes in the first place."

These crime recording methods/stats aren't constant and shift about I think ... But over 95% of these 517 allegations are uncategorised as a crime and I think that is an unrealistic ratio of bogus/mistaken/malicious reports ... You will get some but that is very high ... Some might have been recorded as an offence but not as a 'crime' tho ... depending on what the rules were at the time I suppose ... I don't read very much into figures as I perceive the goalposts get moved to get figures manipulated about if it suits ... I'm thinking about card fraud and mobile phone theft ...