Black wheelie bins for Hereford

Alex

Roger, dearest, your posts above, from my humble point of view appear to be libellous to me.

Now, I looked up the place, the guys who owns it is a Hereford Business man, a decent hard working guy, who in this business has a contract with the council.

We may not agree on how much the contract is worth, but he certianly hasnt done anything wrong.

Your first post here implied a "bung" - that guest house has nothing to do with bins, grass cutting, toilets, radar keys etc, just simply a B&B that used to have a contract with the council.

IF this guest house has been used by the council to put people up in times of need, it has NOTHING to do with our BIN collections!

I personally think you are out of line here.

I think you are out of line. At no point have I suggested anyone is getting 'bunged'. You obviously aren't bright enough to appreciate my ironic humour. I don't think anyone, apart from you, would try and interpret my comment literally. 

This has everything to do with grass cutting as the Council has an overall pot of money and they have decided that grass cutting is taking a hit but they pretty much have their hands tied with paying for adult and children care and some of it has gone to The Bouvrie in the past. I just plucked their name out of the air but you could easily substitute the name for one of another guest house or a care home. The money going through the letter box (or via internet banking I suppose) of the total of these premises probably hits astronomical proportions over the course of a year.

I took this screen grab of payments to one guest house for September 2011. It happens to be The Bouvrie. The money seems to amount to £6050. I dunno exactly what was being bought for that but it may have just been for the rooms that people were occupying. 

biuvrie.jpg

The current benefit cap is £350 per week for a single person and £500 for a couple and my perception is that these premises in general will be trying to maximise their take from The Council. All within the rules but these private landlords or providers of temporary accommodation are on to a nice little earner with this situation.

Biomech stop tormenting FCC! It's not their fault Hereford Council are idiots!! Don't forget I expect these chaps are facing job cuts so tempers might be high. You could find yourself stickered and thrown in the dust cart never to be seen again! Then where would we be without your 3am blogs? 

They had a go at my gardener once. Needless to say he told them were to go :P

Stupidfrustration it's only libellous if it's not true... From what I can see the Council do appear to be paying out large sums of money for B&B accommodation

I think anyone whose homeless should get the very best accommodation, so I hope the Council conduct regular assessments of accommodation they use to ensure they are getting the best at the right price.