Well that didn't last long...

Biomech

Brilliant Bobby!

You'll never tear me away from an irresistable story about a pumpkin on a  post box - these are highlights for me!

Who can forget Smudge?

The impromptu breakfast survey?

The exciting weather warnings that get Louis Walsh and myself almost hyperventilating at the prospect of wearing a pacamac??

Or the plethora of bad jokes any time a fish and chip shop gets a mention??

But a little bit of balance would be nice!!

Have just read a post from Simon Brown over on HT, who feels that HT are moving more towards their Facebook comments. He may well be right, in which case the decision would be made for me!!

Welcome Bull :)

I do still browse the HT - when it doesnt break my phone due to its poor mobile implimentation. And what I've noticed is that the newer posters are finding the same issues that we all did.

Anyway, I had an idea after reading bobbies post - the Bobby47 Almanac, a yearly compilation of bobby's..bobbies? (I'm struggling with Boobies) - of bobby's posts. It would make interesting reading, something akin to Pan's Labyrinth I feel!

Can only agree with Biomech - the WM Police circulated the initiall report of a woman with a baby being attacked - they have now circulated further information - do not think either reports have made the HT ( for whatever reason ) it's just a pity , the HT is a " local paper " and therefore should report local stories. I have not copied and pasted the full appeal , do not wish to tred on Colins fine leather soled shoes.

Further Information Released In Attempted Robbery Investigation - Hereford

Police investigating an attempted robbery in Hereford have released further information in a bid to identify a woman who tried to rob a mother as she pushed her child along in a pram.

A witness appeal was issued shortly after the incident, which happened on a footpath, which runs between Abbotsmead Road and Northolme Road, at around 3.30pm on Wednesday, 20 November.

Can only agree with Biomech - the WM Police circulated the initiall report of a woman with a baby being attacked - they have now circulated further information - do not think either reports have made the HT ( for whatever reason ) it's just a pity , the HT is a " local paper " and therefore should report local stories. I have not copied and pasted the full appeal , do not wish to tred on Colins fine leather soled shoes.

Further Information Released In Attempted Robbery Investigation - Hereford

Police investigating an attempted robbery in Hereford have released further information in a bid to identify a woman who tried to rob a mother as she pushed her child along in a pram.

A witness appeal was issued shortly after the incident, which happened on a footpath, which runs between Abbotsmead Road and Northolme Road, at around 3.30pm on Wednesday, 20 November.

If you're the Editor of a newspaper and someone phones in complaining about a story, perhaps the story about the little ones having to buy iPads for their education, and say there are comments that perhaps someone doesn't like and they threaten to take legal action, what do you do? Me! I'd take the easiest of two decisions. I'd think, 'sod it. This ain't worth the trouble and its a battle I ain't fighting' and I'd delete the whole thing. Why? Because our society has become thin skinned, easy to be offended and hurt and with the new Press Regulations in the pipeline, and open hostility by politicians and celebrities toward the Newspapers, it simply ain't worth the hassle.

This is why 'we' are being squeezed on the Hereford Times. When the phones ringing all the time by 'hurt and offended' people who might be threatening to take action because of our comments, I can understand why we ain't getting fed the news we used to be fed. Yes, it's ok saying an Editor should take no notice but when it's 'you' sat in the chair and its 'you' in the firing line it's an entirely different position to be in.

Bobby , that is so sad ( and worrying ) Have we all wasted our time and energy sorting out situations in far distant shores to find that everything we say and do is censored . As well as bring up our children to be good honest citizens ....when in fact all we should be doing is going along with a very slow stodgy flow concerned about upsetting the rules laid down by the few. That's so wrong. I will defend the minority to the last but this type of censorship is so wrong.

Bobby there's a HUGE difference between posting a comment or news article that someone doesn't like and posting something illegal. And if anything illegal is posted, the person who makes the comment is the one held to account. There is FAR too much of this utter bullshit where people whinge about being "offended" by everything.

I don't agree with your comments about the HT - does that mean your comments should be deleted?

Far too many people now misuse "offended" in place of "dislike"