Herefordshire Council petitions government for a fair share

M. Preece

Herefordshire Council is asking residents to help petition for a fair share of funding in rural areas from central government.

The rural fair share campaign is being actively promoted by the Rural Services Network with assistance from over 100 MPs from different political parties across the UK, with the aim to ensure that public services in rural areas receive a fair share of government funding.

Councillor Tony Johnson, leader of Herefordshire Council, said: “This is not a political issue that we are asking people to get involved in, it is quite simply about trying to bring more money into Herefordshire for the benefit of residents and businesses across the county.

“As it currently stands, the government provides rural areas with less funding than other more populated areas of the country.  However, although we may have fewer residents than other counties, we have other important issues to consider and finance such as an ageing population and helping people to travel around a large rural area for work.â€

If you would like to sign the petition and help the council to try and bring more funding into the county, please visit your local info centre or library.

The petition will be available until 5pm on Thursday 19 September 2013.  The Herefordshire petition will then be presented in the House of Commons in October along with petitions from other rural counties.

As far as Im concerned the Council can get stuffed. Why give them more money to waste. During the last year or so this Council have handed over £180 thousand pounds of our money in order to facilitate the future silence of those who know the things that the Council wouldn't want you and I to know. Gagging clauses. They can get stuffed.

More money? Stop feeding Hoople our funds. Stop sitting back and allow Amey to breach their contractual obligations and do nothing to get our money returned to us.

Give this Council more money and they'll waste it. And this 'ageing population' thing they allways trot out. It's allways the ageing population. It's like the 'thousand jobs' or 'we are saving you millions' rubbish that they spoonfeed us every so often. Open your gobs and swallow this rubbish you fools. Ageing population my backside! It's very little to do with those who reach old age but all to do with the overwhelmingly vast number of European Union migrants who have arrived here for a better life. That's the reason our population is growing and it's nothing to do with the ageing population.

Give this Council nothing. They've made there bed and now they can lie in it. Mismanagement and underhand practices!!!

As far as Im concerned the Council can get stuffed. Why give them more money to waste. During the last year or so this Council have handed over £180 thousand pounds of our money in order to facilitate the future silence of those who know the things that the Council wouldn't want you and I to know. Gagging clauses. They can get stuffed.

More money? Stop feeding Hoople our funds. Stop sitting back and allow Amey to breach their contractual obligations and do nothing to get our money returned to us.

Give this Council more money and they'll waste it. And this 'ageing population' thing they allways trot out. It's allways the ageing population. It's like the 'thousand jobs' or 'we are saving you millions' rubbish that they spoonfeed us every so often. Open your gobs and swallow this rubbish you fools. Ageing population my backside! It's very little to do with those who reach old age but all to do with the overwhelmingly vast number of European Union migrants who have arrived here for a better life. That's the reason our population is growing and it's nothing to do with the ageing population.

Give this Council nothing. They've made there bed and now they can lie in it. Mismanagement and underhand practices!!!

I could not of put it better myself  :Vault: 

• 3 weeks later...

Colin - can you fix the quoting issue - it's not working as you can see. All of the quoted post should be in a grey box, not just the poster )or somehow selected). It makes it hard to decipher the posts.

Are you sure you just haven't typed in the quote box? All working for me as usual :P

Oh god, you're not using an iProduct are you?  :Cha ching: heh.

Maybe try clearing the cache, somewhere in the tools/settings.

Sussed it I think - I was using the IP Board theme - if I switch back to Social, it seems to work. And yes, only apple juice has ever coursed through my veins, well for the last 26 years anyway.