Charity: The Buchanan Trust ~ The Bosbury Estate.

Hereford Voice

A National Facility Supporting Britains's Vetrerans.

To help those who have served in the armed forces, enabling them to transition into civilian life by offering short term accommodation, accredited training, skills, work experience and employment opportunities in the rural and construction sectors.

Right now they are halfway through a 22 week aggressive build for much needed veteran's accommodation.

This first stage will provide 4 families new temporary accommodation whilst making the transition into civilian life.

2 are full DDA compliant, 2 more are planned to follow on quickly if they can secure funding to create a 6 unit veteran community in a quiet corner of the Herefordshire countryside.

The Buchanan Trust secured funding from Herefordshire Council and Homes England as they are a registered Almshouse provider, offering subsidised housing to our veteran community, the Trust will use it own limited funds to complete this ambitious 1st stage of the build ready for occupation in early spring 2021 and will be supported by another Herefordshire almshouse charity, whilst this community becomes established, looking forward the Trust will need around £400k to undertake the final two units, to complete this much needed and exciting project.

Any donations would be gratefully received and Hereford Voice will do all we can to help promote this fabulous project and organisation.

#HerefordVoice #HerefordNews #Herefordshire

• Hereford Voice changed the title to Charity: The Buchanan Trust ~ The Bosbury Estate.
4 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

Ah the Buchanan Trust I cannot remember but were they not involved in the sale of Council Farms debacle - I know Tony Johnson was Trustee of the charity - there has been a lot of writing on this Trust - not because they sinned but because they have repeatedly been let down by their Trustees

I think I read something similar Denise but this project is a really good cause

• Like 1