The Holocaust 75th Anniversary.

bobby47

Following the cessation of hostilities of World War 2 and what the world subsequently learned of the Holocaust, the Death Camps were called the German Death Camps. Thereafter, in an effort to ease the pain of the surrendered German people we then began to call them Nazi Death Camps so as to mitigate the disaster that befell Germany and its people. A noble thing? Yes, why not if it meant that Germany could be soothed of the shame and pain of the Second World War.

However, In recent years that language began to change for the worse. These places of cruelty and human shame suddenly became Polish Death Camps. As if Poland and its people hadn’t suffered enough. Brutalised by both Germany and the Soviet Union, something no other nation on earth had to endure, now they’re being given ownership of these terrible places. 

There are no finer more proud patriotic people than those of Poland. During those dark years of German occupation they produced the likes of Irena Sendler (read her Wikipedia page) who saved thousands of Jewish lives, hundreds of RAF fighter pilots who made more kills than any others, they helped save Britain from invasion, and produced a formidable driven force of freedom fighters that terrorised the occupying forces of Germany. Quite simply, the Polish never surrendered. Just like the British, despite the overwhelming power and evil of the Nazi forces, Poland never gave up. 

And so, when you read in some pro EU mainstream media outlets that the Polish Government are now in some way trying to undermine the history and memory of the Holocaust by legislating to end the use of language that now describes these places of evil as Polish Death Camps, it’s simply not true. The Polish Government and their people only want the Camps to be called what they were and still are. Nazi Germany Death Camps!

Bobby you are a very knowledgeable chap to save me looking it up the Red Army was Russian was it? The Red Army moved in and put an end to the Death Camps which were without doubt too shocking for words. My question is did the rescued people then have a hellish time with the Red Army? Or perhaps I am getting my history all mixed up no doubt you will clarify