Former Council Office , Bath St.

Ubique

The sale of Herefordshire Council’s former county office in Bath Street, Hereford has officially completed today (Monday 9 April), with Herefordshire Housing taking ownership of the city centre site.

The site will be re-developed by Herefordshire Housing to create 75 new apartments, including 28 affordable units, within walking distance of Hereford’s historic city centre.

The council office closed in September 2014, when staff moved to alternative buildings in order to reduce the number of council properties across the county.  The property was formally placed on the open market with Gloucester based Bruton Knowles in February 2016, with a sale initially agreed with Herefordshire Housing in September 2016.  The not for profit housing provider has spent the last 18 months developing its proposal and obtaining planning permission, which was granted in February 2018.

PARKING 

| In order to allow building work to commence, the car park located on the Bath Street site will close to the public from Friday 27 April.  To find your nearest alternative car park, please visit the council car parks webpage: http://socsi.in/CB54K

• Like 1

I've been holding my breath on this one, just in case the Cabinet's property guru Councillor Harry Bramer came up with some off-the-wall alternative. But it looks like the Herefordshire Housing scheme has got the green light - though the design of the new-build block at the rear is hardly inspiring. But at least the spirit of John Venn lives on. 

So Herefordshire Council sell a property to Hfds Housing and the business/ commission etc goes to a Gloucester based firm . You could not make it up .  I run a small business and try hard to keep work I farm out elsewhere in Herefordshire , if these free loaders were running their own show they wouldn't last five minutes ffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...