Haywood Lane Fly-tipping

Colin James

9 minutes ago, ragwert said:

Walking into City yesterday I noticed a huge amount of rubbish on the embankment of the Brook retail park
& the shrub area of Stonebow is a right mess too.

I bumped into Cllr Bridges this week and explained about all this rubbish on Haywood Lane so hopefully it will get cleared up, this lane is notorious for fly tippers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wondering if over the next few weeks it will get worse ...............our two week collection of household rubbish was due for collection last Friday - we fully understand why it wasn't collected  ( snow) but we have been told that our next household rubbish collection will be our normal collection in two weeks time .....at that time we are allowed to have the wheelie bin full plus 4 black bags of rubbish .

Keeping the bags which will not fit into the wheelie bin will not be a problem for us but residents of flats etc may have a problem storing it  for another two weeks and therefore dump it away from their residence.

When collections are missed due to Bank Holidays etc another collection is rotated in very soon after the holiday with ,I presume , the Refuse Collectors being paid overtime , that may well be cheaper than collecting the fly tipped dumped bags of household rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 1